Premium

Country

Uk

Device

OnePlus 6

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Happens at random. Spotify suddenly starts downloading offline content, that is already downloaded. Non of the songs are playable, as if they haven't been downloaded. But the storage being used remains the same (ie the songs are taking up storage on my phone, but Spotify can't seem to access them. To be clear, this is the entire library.

So far I've done a clean reinstall, removed all other offline devices, made sure the app is up to date, and it's not using an SD card.

Screenshot_20180909-134940.jpg
Screenshot_20180909-134919.jpg
4 Replies

Hey @Warren200,

The best thing to try here is removing your offline devices to give everything a refresh. Just head to your Offline Devices page on your account overview and click 'Remove All Devices'. You'll need to redownload your offline tracks after clicking the button, but hopefully it'll help! 

Let us know how it goes, 

/T

Already done a couple of weeks ago. Hasn't helped.

Hey there @Warren200,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Could you give it a fresh try for us since it's been a while since you removed them?

Make sure to follow these steps:

1. Head here.
  2. Click Remove All Devices.
  3. Go to your phone’s Settings.
  4. Select Apps.
  5. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it.
  6. Tap Storage > Clear Data.
  7. Tap Uninstall.
  8. Open Google Play and install the Spotify Music app.

You will need to redownload any offline content once you've logged back to the app after the reinstall.

On another note, if the issue persists after following the steps above, can you let us know if Spotify keeps downloading your own playlists, or Spotify-created ones (eg. Discover Weekly)?

We'll be looking out for an update!

/K

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

If I'm not being clear, I'll try again. I've already carried out those steps, and the issue has reoccurred. I'm not asking for a temporary fix that lands me in the same position a week or two from now, being asked to repeat the same steps yet again!

If these steps have been carried out and the problem has reoccurred, then it's logically not a fix. 

Suggested posts