Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Full screen track info

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating System My Question or Issue My problem isn't really much of a problem, it's more of an inconvenience. When I am in my vehicle and connected to bluetooth and I go to look at the track playing it show...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System   My Question or Issue  My problem isn't really much of a problem, it's more of an inconvenience. When I am in...
  • Kyle01
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problems to go on the next song with the car command

BlNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountry UruguayDeviceXiaomi mi mix2Operating System, Android My Question or IssuePlease help me i cannot change song

• BlNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country  Uruguay Device Xiaomi mi mix2 Operating Syst...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App Automatically Starts Playback After Opening

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceGoogle Pixel XL2Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue I've had this issue fairly recently that has been driving me crazy in regards to Spotify. There's a bug that has been occurring to where seemingly at random,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  US Device Google Pixel XL2 Operating System Android Oreo  My Question or Issue  I've had this issue fairly recently that has been driving me crazy i...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    bug
    playback
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Cant Log In

Hi,I have just got my phone back from being repaired and i tried to log back into spotify with no luck. The App keeps telling me there is no account linked with my email address however i was using premium (free 24 month with my phone contract) last ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have just got my phone back from being repaired and i tried to log back into spotify with no luck. The App keeps telling me there is no account linked with my email address however i was using...
  • Dominoi
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist pages not loading.

For awhile now whenever I go to an artist page there seems to be a 3 outta 4 chance it won't load. Everything was working fine until a few weeks ago. I didn't change anything or have any update. It just quit loading them.

• Regular
  • For awhile now whenever I go to an artist page there seems to be a 3 outta 4 chance it won't load. Everything was working fine until a few weeks ago. I didn't change anything or have any update. It j...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help me

My spotify was presented problems with this I uninstalled it, after the installation it seems that it is not able to download my songs even though I have spotify premium, it lowers the songs but soon after having finished downloading it restarts this...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify was presented problems with this I uninstalled it, after the installation it seems that it is not able to download my songs even though I have spotify premium, it lowers the songs but soon...
  • Magnetron
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops playing randomly

Plan PremiumCountry BelgiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy a5 2017 My Question or Issue Recently I've been having the problem that after listening a few songs, the music stops playing completely in the middle of a song. I have to open Spotify to press at again ...

• Plan   Premium Country  Belgium Device Samsung Galaxy a5 2017     My Question or Issue  Recently I've been having the problem that after listening a few songs, the m...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] [Playlists] Your Daily Drive Mix Needs Clarification

There is a relatively new auto generated playlist called “Your Daily Drive Mix” at least for android mobile and android auto. It’s not a radio/station in the sense that there are no thumbs up or down. Initially I thought that it was creating a playli...

• Visitor
  •   There is a relatively new auto generated playlist called “Your Daily Drive Mix” at least for android mobile and android auto. It’s not a radio/station in the sense that there are no thumbs up...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Search is offline, while the rest of the app works???

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 8 REV1.0Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or Issue When I access the search function on mobile data and try searching a song or artist, it always returns that I'm "offline". I'm able to access H...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device Samsung Galaxy Note 8 REV1.0 Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue  When I access the search function on mobile data and try ...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bug
    Help
    Search
    support
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I Cant Open my Spotify App (Please Help Guys)

hey guys, i really really need ur help right here. i'm from indonesia and i have a problem with my spotify app. i will translate it to english okay picture number 1 said : "connecting" and picture number 2 said "connection fail" i dont know why its a...

• hey guys, i really really need ur help right here. i'm from indonesia and i have a problem with my spotify app. i will translate it to english okay picture number 1 said : "connecting" and picture nu...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cant open
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Discovery

PlanPremiumCountryIreland DeviceXperia XZ2Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue As far as I can see there isn't a way to discover artists I haven't seen listened to in Spotify, I use last fm already, none of my tailored playlists seem up ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Ireland   Device Xperia XZ2 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  As far as I can see there isn't a way to discover artists I haven't se...
  • groupama3
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't play some songs

PlanFreeCountry EstoniaDeviceSamsung I can't listen some songs/albums. For others they are available but for me it only shows song names but don't let to play it. For example I want to listen One Direction MITAM album but it won't let me but others c...

•   Plan Free Country  Estonia Device Samsung   I can't listen some songs/albums. For others they are available but for me it only shows song names but don't let to play it. For ...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify states that it is 'unavailable right now' and I cannot search for new music...

Spotify states that I am offline on my device and I cannot search for new music/artists, it only shows my downloaded music. My desktop version of Spotify works just fine...PlanPremium (Family)CountryCanada DeviceGoogle Pixel 2

• Spotify states that I am offline on my device and I cannot search for new music/artists, it only shows my downloaded music. My desktop version of Spotify works just fine... Plan Premium (Family) C...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Premium
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly removing downloaded music?

PlanPremium Country USA DeviceGalaxy S7/HTC One Operating SystemAndroid Oreo/Android Lollipop My Question or Issue Every now and then, Spotify just removes my downloaded music and I have to download each playlist all over again! Those two phones are ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Country  USA   Device Galaxy S7/HTC One   Operating System Android Oreo/Android Lollipop   My Question or Issue  Every now and then, Spotify ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify acting weird on S7

WordsNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanPremiumCountry UKDevice(Samsung Galaxy 7) My Question or Issue Currently my Spotify isn't showing in my notifications at th...

• Casual Listener
  • WordsNone of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Premium Country  UK Device (Samsung Galaxy 7)   My Q...
  • Scorer1566
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Behind The Lyrics Not working for me

The behind the lyrics feature doesn't works anymore after the new update. Before it worked for me. Do i need to have premium? Does my mobile affects that? Help7 Plan: FreeCountry: RomaniaDevice: Samsung Galaxy J5 2017Operating System: Android Oreo My...

• Casual Listener
  •   The behind the lyrics feature doesn't works anymore after the new update. Before it worked for me. Do i need to have premium? Does my mobile affects that? Help7   Plan: Free Coun...
  • Imkrisztian16
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What's wrong with my spotify

PlanPremiumDeviceVivo Y53Operating SystemAndroid 6.0 My Question or Issue It just happened today, my spotify's been error this whole day on my phone, I couldn't even open my spotify, it always said connection failed, I tried everything I saw, like re...

Screenshot_20180722_190348.jpg Screenshot_20180722_190351.jpg Screenshot_20180722_200619.jpg Screenshot_20180722_201504.jpg
  • Regular
  • Plan Premium Device Vivo Y53 Operating System Android 6.0   My Question or Issue  It just happened today, my spotify's been error this whole day on my phone, I couldn't even open my...
  • winstono
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Driving Mode Woes

So I've got a premium account on a Galaxy S8+ and I must be one of the unlucky ones to get the driving mode when connected to my truck. What a nuisance that is! Not only does the change not update the song displayed on my truck screen, ever, the simp...

• So I've got a premium account on a Galaxy S8+ and I must be one of the unlucky ones to get the driving mode when connected to my truck. What a nuisance that is!    Not only does the chang...
  • heehoe
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify connect not working since v8.4.42.679 beta

Hi, I have two Spotify Connect devices in my network, a Jam Rhythm and an August WR320. My smartphone is a Xiaomi Mi5s running Android 8.1 (Lineage OS 15.1 with root). I never had problems with Spotify connect, but since v8.4.42.679 beta I am unable ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I have two Spotify Connect devices in my network, a Jam Rhythm and an August WR320. My smartphone is a Xiaomi Mi5s running Android 8.1 (Lineage OS 15.1 with root).   I never had p...
  • KajaApfel
  • Casual Listener
  • 26 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 26 replies
  • 3 likes

Uninstalled songs don't actually uninstall

This is an issue that I has been present for years, but I've never really been bothered to resolve it until now. The underlying issue that I'm facing is that when I uninstall a playlist, album, etc, my actual storage capacity doesn't increase and if ...

• This is an issue that I has been present for years, but I've never really been bothered to resolve it until now. The underlying issue that I'm facing is that when I uninstall a playlist, album, etc, ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes