Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify does not change heart to green in all cases when you like the track on Android

Spotify does not change heart to green in all cases when you like the track on Android

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

Galaxy A40

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have problem with liked tracks. It only happens on my phone, so I guess it is a bug in the app, which is updated by now. I click sometimes anywhere on the heart button and it is not green, yet the track is added to liked tracks. Most of the times I click it, it adds it and as well changes to green heart. Why not all likes are showing green when track is playing? Does anyone else have the same issue?

32 Replies

I've had the same issue as you described for a (probably) long time, though I didn't know it was only for queued songs and involved the notification bar. Luckily it's not a major issue.

What I thought might help, didn't: moving all queued songs to "Next From:" - at least when I tried it: I played an empty playlist on pc, (queue reset) cleared all in-app cache, closed the app, force stopped and cleared cache from system settings, reopened Spotify, played a playlist, added an unliked song to the queue, moved it to "Next From", skipped currently playing song and liked the song playing. The result was the same, (bug persisted) the song didn't play straight from "queue" but was moved from there, yet the bug remained.

Hey @vaajy,

Thanks for providing us with the info and bringing this to our attention.

We tried and were able to reproduce this. We've submitted a report so the right team can look into this further.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up-to-date to ensure you're on the latest version.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you a lot for the answer.

I am thankful it's now at the right folks. This is all I needed. Fix can come on it's time.

I asked also other person who used the Spotify app and he said to have same issue. We've seen one time, but I asked.

My app is auto updating and so far I've been enjoying every update.

Having same issue.  Liking songs in a queued list results in no green heart on Android--no way to remember the next time whether you've liked a song or not--but I DO see green heart "likes" in computer's Spotify app for the same queued lists.  

Hey folks,

Thanks for the posts.

For anyone still experiencing this, can you run a clean reinstall of the app. Follow this Guide, where you'll find instructions on how to completely remove all Spotify app data and cache before reinstalling.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

A clean reinstall of Spotify didn't fix the issue for me. Did it work for anyone else? Can try another clean reinstall if anyone says it fixed the issue for them.

No, reinstall does not fix it.
I have still this problem. It's can not be fixed by you, I think Spotify needs to fix it if they want to.
Glad to hear I am not alone. Ended canceling because of inflation anyway, but they lured me back with 3 mo for 1 mo discout, but I canceled even that. Was shocked, that when I was month on free full, the problem is still here when back in Premium. Needs some fixing, I think it might be cache issue.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for your patience while we're looking into this. 

Can you confirm if this issue is still present for you? If so, make sure to send us the exact Spotify version you're currently running. 

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I'm having the exact same issue.  It's whenever songs are in queue, and you attempt to like them.  It can be disorienting.  Please fix this, Spotify.  Queue songs, try to add them to liked.  Heart button doesn't fill in, doesn't indicate you liked the song.

I just want to see a sign that a button I pushed, worked.  This is a very simple visual aid that worked just fine when I owned an iphone but has been broken for my Android since I got it earlier this year.  Reinstalls have not fixed it.  It's goofy.  It's a feature that works on my desktop version and other places, but not on my phone - which is where I use spotify the most!

Hey @godlegos,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you have installed?

We'll pass this info on to our tech team so they can continue investigating.

We'll be on the lookout!

AlejaRModerator

I still have this problem too. I feel like they don't have time or are too lazy to fix.

Had this issue for 4 years through Motorola to OnePlus to Pixel 6 to Pixel 7. Fix this already, damn.

I'm having this issue, along with many others. I'm using Android, Samsung S10e. My SW version is 8.8.80.599 (latest). I tried a clean install, it didn't solve the issue. Please, fix this, thank you

Suggested posts