Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't apear on android wear

Spotify doesn't apear on android wear

I have a moto 360 and it is updated to Android wear 5.1.1 (latest)

The spotify app on my phone (HTC one M8) is upgraded and the log tells me it now supports Android wear but it doesn't appear on the watch.

- I rebooted the phone and the watch
- Reinstalled spotify
both didn't work

Any idea to make it work is welcome!
19 Replies

I don't have anything showing on my moto360 but when I open Spotify on my phone I get the album art and play pause button on my moto360. If I swipe left I get the volume and next buttons. What I don't get is the ability to change Playlists which was added in Spotify version 3.1.0.117. I thought you just swiped left again but nothing happens. I rebooted phone and watch and synced my apps to the phone again but stil no new features on the 360

I'm having the same problem....

Same here Sony Smartwatch 3, guessing the update doesn't actually have any Android Wear changes.

@Kuipie wrote:
I have a moto 360 and it is updated to Android wear 5.1.1 (latest)

The spotify app on my phone (HTC one M8) is upgraded and the log tells me it now supports Android wear but it doesn't appear on the watch.

- I rebooted the phone and the watch
- Reinstalled spotify
both didn't work

Any idea to make it work is welcome!

I am also having this issue. I have a Moto 360 with all apps and firmware updated and I still have no Spotify support on my watch. Tried resync and everything. Sucks since I was pretty excited for this.

I have the same problem. Spotify please fix this! I rather have a normal music player that works instead of nothing at all to control my music on my moto 360.

Great just a minute ago I found a solution. 

1. delete the cache of the spotify app. 

2. Uninstall the spotify app

3. restart your smartphone

4. restart your smart watch

5. reinstall spotify

And you should be good to go.

P.S. for the people who didn't find how to browse from your smartwatch: 
swipe left twice and there will be a button saying 'browse' click on it and you can see your playlists and stuff!

It didn't work for my Moto 360

Nop didn't do it for me neither... Tried it 2 times..

Sorry guys, this method helped me!

Nope didn't work for me either unfortunately

Thanks for the tip anyway 👍 @stijnln

Didn't work for me. I really wanted the feature so I gave it a try but still no go. On the plus side after deleting spotify and manually deleting the spotify directory on my sd card I now TONS of free space. I re saved all my Playlists for offline listening and now have 40gb free where before I was down to 8. So somehow spotify was taking an additional 32gb that wasn't showing in the app, cache or usage info. Still don't have Playlists on my moto 360 😞

I'm glad my 'solution' could mean something to you. I hope Spotify is
coming with a fix soon!

I'm also having this issue suddenly, everything was fine until last Spotify update, which apears to of totally removed Spotify from Android Wear 😕

I have the Spotify control appearing on my Moto 360, when playing music via Spotify App on my Nexus 6.

I really like it, and all functions seem to be controlling Spotify when playing locally on my Nexus 6

However, when I am playing music using spotify connect

Moto 360 ------> Nexus 6 (Controlling) -----> Windows Desktop App (Playing Audio)

My Moto 360 can't control volume on the Windows Desktop App

My nexus 6 volume buttons control the volume on my Windows computer through Connect just fine, as expected.

Versions

Nexus 6 Android 5.1.1

Spotify Android App 3.2.0.1197

Spotify Windows 1.0.9.133.gcedaee38

Moto 360 Build LDZ220

Moto 360 Android 5.1.1

Moto 360 Wear 1.1.1.2006643

Tried it. Did not work for me either.

Nice to see more people have problems with this. I thought is was my huawei watch or phone. But i have te same problem with the Huawei smartwatch. 

I have this same problem on a Huawei Watch. Tried rebooting phone and watch many times. Tried reinstalling Spotify. Tried factory resetting the watch completely. Tried reinstalling the android wear app. Nothing worked. I'm out of ideas.

I have the same problem. Running Spotify latest version, and my phone is Huawei Ascend Mate 7. I'm a Moto 360 user, and no matter whatever I try, the Spotify card won't appear in my watch. I'm totally unable to swipe through songs or anything else. I have tried before to uninstall the app and it won't work. In my desperation I even bought the app "Music Boss" which is supposed to be a music manager that is able to assume control over lots of music apps, including Spotify. To my surprise, when I started the app, I was able to control volume and swipe through songs, but the app screen showed "No artist info, No traca info, No album info". As the app didn't fulfill my expectations, I asked for a refund. Anyway, this exercise was useful to notice that apparently there's a problem with the Spotify app itself, because it would fail to send track info to the watch.

I'd also like to point out that if I start Google Play Music, this app shows track, album and artist info, even the controls for volume and previous/next song.

In my Phone, I've set before Spotify as the main music app on Android wear. As you may expect, that meant no solution at all.

I'd be glad to know some fix from you. Hope they get this issue fixed soon, this is the most important thing for me as an smartwatch user (I hate taking the phone out of my pocket to use Spotify when I could do that directly from my watch)

Suggested posts