Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't let me connect to Jam sessions.

Plan

Premium Student

Country

India

Device

Samsung Galaxy A22 4G

Operating System

Android 13

My Question or Issue

People can connect to my Spotify Jam easily and in the normal way. However, I cannot connect to any Jam session whatsoever; be it with the Tap method, the link or the QR code.
I've cleared data, logged in again and even reinstalled spotify. It just doesn't work for me.

4 Replies

Hey @pi_22by7,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We understand you've already tried reinstalling the app on your device, but we'd like you to try, if you haven't yet, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the Spotify app. You can find out the steps to do it here. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

If this behavior persists after the above, we'd like to gather some additional info. Would you mind opening a different account on your device and try creating a Jam? Give it a try and let us know if you notice any difference. You can ask for the account of a relative or a friend to open it on your device and check.

On another note, do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? If possible, you can create a hotspot on your phone and connect to the mobile device with which you're trying to create a Jam to see how it goes.

Lastly, would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you're running there?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Im having difficulty in joining my friend's session but they are able to connect to mine.

Hi there @Poha,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

For starters, did you have the chance to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by @AlejaR? If not, give them a go and let us know if it helps.

On another note, if you by any chance have an Ad blocker or VPN enabled, try disabling them and try to join a Jam again.

If the issue persists, it'd be awesome if you could send us a video recording, so we can continue investigating further. You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

We'll be here.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm unable to join a Jam session. Doesn't matter if it's an invite link, touching device's, or QR code scan. It just opens the Spotify up but doesn't add me to the jam

Suggested posts