Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify doesn't let me use audio controls through a bluetooth radio?

Spotify doesn't let me use audio controls through a bluetooth radio?

I always connect my phone(running android 6.0.1) to my car radio's bluetooth, I have a bunch of music playing apps that let me use the controls on the radio, but when I connect with spotify it doesn't let me use any controls. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

4 Replies

Also when I'm listening to the music on my phone no controls pop up on the notification screen.

I'm running into the same issue. From the Android reviews it looks like a number of other people are facing the same problem, too.

The notification icon disappears (or perhaps never shows up) intermittently. When this happens, controls (e.g., through your bluetooth-connected device's playback control buttons) fail to work. The notification icon and its controls are gone, too, of course.

Controlling playback does work when using the application controls through a second device connected to the same account. For example, I can still control the Spotify app on my phone through the Spotify application on my computer. That doesn't seem to be affected by whatever is causing the notification element to disappear.

I believe this started within the past couple of weeks. It's not consistently in this state, but happens often.

Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930T)

Android 6.0.1

Kernel version 3.18.20-9226516

Spotify version 6.3.0.882

I forgot to mention perhaps the worst symptom of this issue: when making or picking up a call while Spotify is playing, the music does not stop. Instead, the music output switches to the earpiece, so you hear your music as if it were coming from the other end of the line.

Suggested posts