Spotify doesn't retain downloads and downloads every day

Solved!

Spotify doesn't retain downloads and downloads every day

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have set my liked songs to download. Now whenever I open spotify on my phone, the download starts. It completes, but next day when I open the app again it starts downloading again and all the downloaded data is gone. So, I can't actually listen to songs offline as it will just start downloading when I open the app and now I have to wait for the songs to download before I can go offline. This makes the download feature unusable not to mention uses unnecessary data every time it downloads.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey hey @aneeshsharma!

Thanks for reaching out. This sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know your phone's Spotify and OS versions, as well as if you're using an SD card or not.

Lastly, does this only happen with your Liked Songs playlists or any list that you've downloaded?

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey hey @aneeshsharma!

Thanks for reaching out. This sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here.

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'll need to know your phone's Spotify and OS versions, as well as if you're using an SD card or not.

Lastly, does this only happen with your Liked Songs playlists or any list that you've downloaded?

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have reinstalled spotify on my phone. I'll wait till the next day and update here if this fixes the issue.

Suggested posts