Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify download on Android is painfully slow when my wifi is fine.

Spotify download on Android is painfully slow when my wifi is fine.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy s10e

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Over the past week or so, Spotify seems to be re-downloading things more often than usual, and more importantly, downloads them painfully slowly. I tried to download a 20-minute podcast episode this morning, and the download didn't complete by the time I finished the episode. I haven't had a problem streaming songs over wifi (yet), but podcasts will play a few seconds, then get stuck a few seconds to a minute before they keep going. 

I have 59 GB free of internal storage on my phone, so that shouldn't be the issue. I have had no issues with Zoom calls on my wifi network using other devices; my phone itself streams Netflix just fine.

Any ideas? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and that didn't help.

1 Reply

Hi there @theanniemarie,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

This might happen due to issues with the cache. Try running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached or corrupted files that might be causing trouble. Keep in mind that you'll need to re download all your content for offline listening afterwards.

Also and just to make sure, it's worth restarting your router by unplugging it from power for a few seconds and plugging it back. Make sure to also restart your phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts