Spotify finds device and freezes song

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Motorola G8 Powerlite

My Question or Issue

While playing music Spotify will detect an external device, the music will then freeze and when I look at my phone I've got a big box telling me it's found external speakers (which aren't mine, someone else in the house!)  I then close this notification and the song is still frozen, I have to start playing another album and then go back to the album I was playing to resume. 

I'm playing my music through the headphone jack on external speakers, I'm connected to the internet through WiFi. 

1 Reply

Hey @Mattspots1,

Thank you for your post. We're happy to assist you.

Would you mind letting us know if you've connected the external speaker to your device before, since the external speaker only shows if you're connected to the same Wi-Fi or been connected with the device before.

We also suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will ensure that any old cached files are not causing the app to freeze.

If that doesn't do the trick - we recommend that you try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists.

Also - it would be great if you can send in a screen recording. It will help us understand what's going on directly from your end.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts