Spotify for Android - playlist folders not supported

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Spotify for Android - playlist folders not supported

Casual Listener

Any news when the new Android app will be available?

Highlighted

Regular

Wow, the new beta app is gorgeous, and it runs way smoother on my clunky LG Optimus V.

I was worried about Spotify's support for Android, but not anymore.

The search results and artist browser are very fast - a huge improvement.

I'm overall blown away by this app.  Once folders and other features are added, this app will be amazing.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hallelujia! Some progress at last.  I will however wait until the official new version is released, so I can test it with the folders working, as I have too many playlists and I would spend much of the testing time scrolling.

Thank you for the update Richard, much appreciated.  Please let us know when the folders feature is added.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Almost into june and this has not been implemented. And when it is are we supposed to reorganize 555000 albums from scratch? This should have been an emergency for a patch file.
Highlighted
Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable

Playlist folders will be available in Android soon. Keep an eye on the Spotify blog. 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Community Legend
It's been confirmed it will be in the official Play store release of the new version of the app. When that will make an appearance is anyone's guess.

If you have 55000 albums in playlists, then you have too much time on your hands. But if you have them in folders already in the desktop app then doubtless the same structure will sync across to your Android phone once we get the new app version
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Highlighted

Casual Listener
"It's been confirmed it will be in the official Play store release of the new version of the app. When that will make an appearance is anyone's guess."
pretty much what the guy above you said. thanks for the "guess" though very helpful.

"If you have 55000 albums in playlists, then you have too much time on your hands."
it was an exaggerated scenario. even if i did though, it has zilch to do with you.
"doubtless the same structure will sync across to your Android phone once we get the new app version"
Another surmisation. 
Highlighted

Casual Listener

hpguru - thanks for the info mate.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Cool.

What's uncool is that today is 20th of August 2012 and the play folders feature is not yet present in Spotify for Android.

And the blog is full of info not related to development.

I hate when I want to implement a cool, customer-requested feature and my boss says there's no budget for it.

Highlighted

Community Legend
Hi dashdash. The version of the app in the play store supports playlist folders ... It will sync folders you create in the desktop app although you can't create them from the mobile app
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
SUGGESTED POSTS