Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Android - playlist folders not supported

Solved!

Spotify for Android - playlist folders not supported

iPhone owners have been able to use folders to organise Spotify playlists for over 7 months now.  What is the delay for the Android version?  Folders are an essential part of the user experience and should be consistent across all operating systems, so why are paying Android customers and the worlds fastest growing mobile platform being ignored?

I had cancelled my Spotify Premium subscription for this very reason, as I found it totally impractical to scroll through endless playlists that are usually neatly organised in folders in the desktop version. 

Spotify please, some news on this front would be greatly appreciated.

28 Replies

Are you kidding? There's still no possibility to organize playlists in folders in the mobile version... When will this feature finally come? Can't be that I have to scroll through a list of dozens of playlists!

Why is that so hard for the developers to grasp people want the playlists to appear exactly like they do on the desktop app?

@secondcoming wrote:

Why is that so hard for the developers to grasp people want the playlists to appear exactly like they do on the desktop app?

They do though!

The mobile app has supported folders since April this year - the thing that's missing is the ability to manage those folders on the mobile app, but as long as you create them on the PC/Mac app they will appear on mobile no problem

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I need Playlist folders for my offline playlists, not for the streaming playlists! 😞 

Any updates on this one? Very annoying to scroll through dozens of offline playlists.

@licenced wrote:

@secondcoming wrote:

They do though!

The mobile app has supported folders since April this year - the thing that's missing is the ability to manage those folders on the mobile app, but as long as you create them on the PC/Mac app they will appear on mobile no problem

No they don't, the playlists appear in the same order as the desktp app but the folder structure is not shown.  Also, why isn't there an option when you are on 3g to hide playlists that aren't cached locally?  I don't want to see loads of playlists I can't actually play at the time.

Is there any update when this feature will be available? Not having folder support really degrades my great impression of spotify!

Nope, but at least folders created in the desktop client do show in the android app.

Thanks, I am aware I see the lists - but I really need the hierachichal structure.

Suggested posts