Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify forgets/don't remember last played song

Spotify forgets/don't remember last played song

Hi
My app forgets last played song on normal exit (after a while) or after kill.
It started happening one or two updates ago.

I've already tried full uninstalling and deleting all spotify folders and files from my phone.
Didn't helped and of course I have to redownload all offline content...

Any solutions / workarounds for this mega frustrating bug?

My phone is Galaxy S with CM11 nightly.

PS. For last 3 months I feel like a beta tester and I'm paying for this...

27 Replies

Have you tried reinstalling? You might also check to see if your music undownloads if you remove any external SD card before reinstalling.

I have the same issue!
Very annoying... 😞

I tried clearing all app data but no luck...

I already wrote, that I reinstalled Spotify - step by step -> B. Troubleshooting.

I don't have external card.

Some more information, which I also posted here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Release-Notes-Spotify-for-Android-1-1-2/td-p/847949/hig...

It does work in playlists, but not in albums!

More specifically I listen albums that are in my music collection, and synchronized offline. If I kill the app, it doesn't remember last position.

So it's another bug...

Enought is enought.
Spotify quality goes down with every release,
so I canceled my subscription and I'm testing alternatives.

Maybe when Spotify will stop making us beta testers I will resubscribe.

Bump. Really annoying "feature".

I got a notification on twitter that they were aware of the issue and should rectify it "shortly":

https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares/statuses/491884524779737089

<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" async="" charset="utf-8"></script>

So has this been fixed for anyone? Still a problem here.

Not fixed yet here either...

Additional info if a dev ever comes here: when I start Spotify after some time, I get a toast notification telling me that the title is not available, then I see a refresh of the album tracks list and the currently played song doesn't exist anymore.

I hope it will be fixed soon...

There is workaround - save your album as playlist and play it that way.

@Sillik wrote:

Not fixed yet here either...

Additional info if a dev ever comes here: when I start Spotify after some time, I get a toast notification telling me that the title is not available, then I see a refresh of the album tracks list and the currently played song doesn't exist anymore.

I hope it will be fixed soon...

I get the toast notification as well. Also, streamed tracks seem to work fine, it's just downloaded tracks that forget the track and position. It seems like to be a bug with the Your music library feature.

I'm e-mailing support about this issue currently, but would be great if someone acknowledged us here as well.

Hi, whilst I cannot give official confirmation as I don't work for Spotify I can assure you that it is a known issue internally and a fix is being worked on.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I thought the only way to listen to stuff offline was to save it as a playlist anyway?

Anyway this doesn't work for me, listened to tracks on a playlist this morning on shuffle, gone back to continue this afternoon, have to start all over again.  Don't want to sound fussy as I am currently only on the free trial for 30 days, but this issue would not make me part with £10.00 a month when the trial has finished.  If this weren't an issue I was going to subscribe, not while this is happening though as it is an important thing for me to carry on music where i left off.

It was the case before, but since some time, you can now directly synchronise albums without saving them as playlists from the "my music" section.

And indeed, saving the album as a playlist and synchronizing it (like before) instead of the album directly does work as a work-around.

Your issue is therefore strange as the issue here is only concerning albums, not playlists.

Maybe it is because you were in shuffle mode?

Hello,

For everyone's info, it seems the issue is fixed with one of the latest update.

Thanks Spotify...

I just became a spotify premium user about 6 weeks ago and I have this same issue (Galaxy S4 on Verizon).  I have tried everything - clearing cache, clearing data, reinstalling etc.  Very frustrating that the widget constantly forgets where you are.  If anyone has a fix, please advise!

On a semi-related note, I also wish there were more Spotify widget options (different sizes, configurations, etc) than the single 4x1 option that comes with the Android app.  

Thanks...

@Sillik wrote:
Hello,

For everyone's info, it seems the issue is fixed with one of the latest update.

Thanks Spotify...

Yes it would appear it is fixed, this is a massive bonus for me and is a deal clincher in my decision to go premium.

Aaaaand they broke it again!

Is it just me? 😞

Seems to be working OK for me

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts