Premium

Country

France 

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

When I (or when it automaticaly) lock my phone in ultra power saving mode, spotify stop playing musics after few seconds. I think this is caused by android because when I re-unlock my phone, spotify looks like as if it wasn't already opened.  Spotify must work in power saving mode because Google play music is working perfectly.

Please help me, I'm looking for prenium subscription on Google Play only because it work better in ultrapower saving mode.

6 Replies

Hey there @11178688492

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, does this also occur when your device's battery saving settings are disabled? If not, this would explain what happened here as some battery saving apps may cause Spotify to close as part of optimizing battery usage.

In that case, we'd recommend making sure to add Spotify as an exception to your device's (or app's) battery-saving settings. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

It's working well without ultra power saving mode and I already add Spotify as an exception to my device's battery-saving settings. 

Hey @11178688492.

Thanks for letting us know about this - we'll keep at it.

Just to confirm, have you always had this issue, or did this start to happen after an update?

In any case, would you mind trying to use another account on the same device and seeing if the issue persists?

Keep us posted! We'll be right here in case you need any further help.

I always had this issue and it's the same thing with another account.

Up

Hey @11178688492.

Thanks for reaching out again, and apologies for the late reply!

This is an issue which we're aware of, and which we are currently looking into.

We suggest you head on over to the relevant thread here, where you can add your vote to show that you are experiencing the issue.

Make sure to also leave the requested info in the comments section in the thread.

We'll keep you posted there and let you know as soon as we have any updates.

Thanks!

Suggested posts