Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
Spotify tries to insist that it's in offline mode, and stops playing radio channels after one to a few songs. I have to go back to the radio channel selection, hitting 'close' multiple times to the "listen offline with premium" notice, seeing 'no internet connection' in a small bar on the bottom of my screen (which goes away after a few seconds generally). When spotify realizes that it is, actually, online, I can select the radio station and I'm good for a few more minutes before the problem repeats.
While spotify is insisting that it's offline, I can browse the internet with no problem, and do other things that require a connection.
This occasionally happened with earlier spotify versions, but the frequency was far, far lower. (maybe every few hours). This started happening about the same time Spotify updated a few weeks ago.
What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?
1. Open spotify.
2. Navigate to radio menu.
3. Select a station (any station)
5. At some point, Spotify will stop playing and go silent. At this point, one of several different things happens, depending on what state the phone was in.
- If the screen was off, and spotify was not the foreground app, then bringing up the lockscreen will show flickering between spotify and the lock screen pattern. (phone unlocks normally)
- If the screen was on, and spotify is the foreground app, then it looks like it's playing an ad (but is silent, and the ad doesn't end when the play bar reaches the right side of the screen)
- If the screen was on, and spotify is not the foreground app, then bringing up spotify shows the 'listen offline with Premium' popup. Hitting 'close' then shows either an ad or a song of 1 second length.
6. Returning to the radio selection, numerous popups and complaints show about being offline and no internet connection.
7. Eventually, the radio channels appear, and you can resume the procedure back at step 3.
What I expected to happen
I expect spotify to play radio without thinking it's losing an internet connection which remains active.
Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?
Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?
Device’s Operating System
What type of account do you have?
(FYI for the below points: Android devices tend to refer to the internal memory as "SD Card" and the SD card you inserted yourself as "External SD Card")
Space left on your device
unknown usage. Refers to 'internal storage' only.
Space left on your SD card (if applicable)
24.88 Gb GB
Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)
Is your device rooted?
Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?
Did you set your external SD card as storage location?
Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?
Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?
Yes. Problem exists on WiFi, 3G, and 4G connections.
My mobile Spotify version
My mobile provider and country
Hal Aljibury (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?
Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?
Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?
Removed email to protect privacy