Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify is constantly crashing when using other apps in parallel on Android

Spotify is constantly crashing when using other apps in parallel on Android

Hello

It's quite frustrating to use Spotify. When i have it running in the background and switch to Chrome, or really any other app, it happens very often, that Spotify crashes. With that, I mean, that music stops and I have to start it again.

What can be done about this? I tried deleting the app data and cache. Didn't help any.

I've got a Nexus 5 with stock rom 5.1.1 (latest patch). No root. No customizations. I also tried "swiping away" all the apps shown in the recents list and also closing all Notifications. Didn't help any either 😞

Well - what to do?

Thanks
Alexander
3 Replies

Sounds like android closing it nothing Spotify can do about that. You could try changing your background process limit on developer options on your phone to allow more background processes

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hm. Okay. It was set to "default". I can set it to 1, 2, 3 or 4.

What is default?

Actually I think default is a sort of 'dynamic' process management where Android determines if the app s still in use or not.

It is odd that it's being closed so easily though, maybe try a clean install to see if this helps? Also check you don't have any apps installed such as clean master or any other battery/process management tools which may be closing it without you knowing

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts