Spotify keeps crashing after I add or star a track?!

Solved!
Highlighted

Spotify keeps crashing after I add or star a track?!

Casual Listener

Hey, 

I use version: 0.4.12.180 on an Android device running Android version 2.3.7.

Every time I add, remove or star a song and then wait a couple of seconds the spotify app crashes.. I thought it might have been my last phone but I recently switched phone and I have the exact same symptom?

Is there something I can try to get this to work?

BR/J

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify keeps crashing after I add or star a track?!

Music Fan

same issue here. HTC Sensation

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution!

Community Legend

Yep, I tested this earlier in the beta release too and it didn't crash for me either

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

20 Replies
Highlighted

Casual Listener

So i just did a test on 5 phones (2 different brands) with 3 different accounts. Same issue on all units and accounts. 

Highlighted

i have the exact same problem, and my friends have the same problem. the fact is that I got so iritated about it so i canceled my subscription

Highlighted

Regular

I have the same issue.  Started two updates ago (last fall around october/november).  After the first update broke the star track function I was able to get it working again by syncing my spotify account with facebook.  Then the second update in november 2011 hit and broke it again.  I addition to the agravation caused by not being able to star tracks on the mobile I had to deal with the facebook integration crap.  I knew a few other posters on the old get satisfaction site who fixed thiers by using an older version of spotify on the android.  I couldn't do that cause i foolishly synced with facebook andf thats a one way street. 

Fustrated! 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I also have this problem, and its really annoying. If I remove or add a track to a playlist while playing music, the app crashes. It has been like this for quite some time, and it starts to get really annoying.

I just deleted all my offline tracks, and resynced, but with the same problem 😞

Does anyone have any tips for solving this? I am on Android 4 on Samsung Galaxy S2.

Highlighted

Roadie

The Spotify app seems to be fundamentally broken. But Spotify the ocmpany seem to have no intention of either dealing with it, or letting us know.

I guess the idea that they might one day release a functional app for Android, or properly engage with their community, or even answer emails is "Under Consideration".

It is funny because I thought I was a paying customer.... grrrrr..... Spotify Tech + CS suck so badly it is untrue.

Highlighted
Solution!

Music Fan

same issue here. HTC Sensation

Highlighted

Community Legend

The problems with the app running on Android 4 are well known and officially the app is unsupported on anything higher than 2.3.x anyway ... http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-needs-to-support-Android-3-Honeycomb-Android-4...

Spotify employees are not allowed to discuss release plans, dates or new features. I doubt very much the developer(s) are not beavering away trying to create a new version of the app, or a completely new app, that fixes most of the issues and supports a wider range of OS versions and phones and I find the fact that there is no communication on this quite odd given how long it's going on ... but there's not a lot we can do except complain and, if it affects you too much, leave. Hopefully the faster it happens the quicker we'll get that update!

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Highlighted

Casual Listener
I don't think leaving is a solution.. As long as i get an answer for my problem and i know that they are working on it im happy.

If I knew from the begnning that nothing over 2.3.x was supported i wouldn't complain. I understand that it can take time to creat a new app.

Thanks for your help! 🙂
Highlighted

Casual Listener
But it appears you are running a 2.3. version, no?
I am having exactly the same problem on v 2.3.5. It started a week or two ago, after no problems for months. It needs fixed, as it renders the program unable to allow editing or creation of playlists. Please address this post-haste, Spotify!
SUGGESTED POSTS