Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify links in Facebook Messenger open in browser player, not Spotify App

Spotify links in Facebook Messenger open in browser player, not Spotify App

If a friend uses Share/Facebook Messenger in Spotify to send a link to me, when I the click it, lets me choose between playing  thesong in the browser player or to download and install the Spotify app (which I already have). How can I make shared Spotify links  just play in the Spotify app by default?

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Moto G5 Plus

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

Screenshot_20190615-161158.png
4 Replies

Same exact problem! It's incredibly annoying having to manually search for tracks shared. 

Please find a way to open the links directly to the App. Thanks.

Hey there @Monkeybrains and @wefgsdfs,

Thanks for posting about this and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, does clicking Download App redirect you to the song on the Spotify app? 

Keep in mind that when you open a Spotify artist/track/playlist/album link in Facebook, you will go to a Mobile Web Player within Facebook like you see in the screenshot you provided.

If you're having troubles getting redirected to the Spotify app and the song you're trying to view after clicking the Download App link, we'd recommend trying a quick reinstall of the app. You can do that by following the steps here

It'd would also be a good idea to make sure that all relevant app link permissions are enabled for Spotify.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

What are the relevant app permissions, that need to be activated for links to open on android

Hey there @Monkeybrains, @Mats8, @wefgsdfs

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

For the moment, you can manually manage permissions for Spotify through the phone settings. Permission settings are usually available by tapping Settings>Apps>Spotify>Permissions, but these steps may differ on different phone models.

It's also a good idea to try the clean reinstall after performing the regular one. We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of the Spotify app. This usually tends to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Suggested posts