Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify mobile randomly starts playing in my car

Spotify mobile randomly starts playing in my car

I have my mobile phone paired with the Bluetooth radio on my Jeep.  When I get into my Jeep and the devices connect, Spotify will randomly connect and start playing over Bluetooth.  But, it will randomly start and stop playing.  If I close the Spotify app it will get re-launched shortly afterwards and go through the same thing.  

The only way I can stop this behavior is to turn off the Bluetooth on the phone so it doesnt connect.  

Any idea what is going on? 

3 Replies

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear you're having this rather annoying issue with your Spotify playing randomly in your car!

Could you please reply with your device name, model and software? I can then take a look into this and see what I can help you with ^.^

The reason I ask is that there is a few known issues at the moment with select devices, it could be one of these!

Kidn regards, 

- Ashley

Spotify CS Team.

- Ashley
Spotify Support Team.

Got any questions you'd like me to answer directly? Send me a private message here in the forums ^.^

Has this solved your problem? Click

"Accept as solution"

to help people in the same situation as yourself.

Sure,

Model number: DROID RAZR M

Android version: 4.4.2

System version: 182.46.15.XT907.Verizon.en.US

Let me know if you need anythign else.  

Hey,

Thanks very much for letting me know.

That isn't one of the devices from the list so that's strange! But there is one thing that may work.

In the Google play store there is actully an app that has been created which you can manually enable so any music isn't randomly started once you connect to your bluetooth device.

Here's the direct link to the app: Click here you awesome Spotifier

Hopefully this works, let me know ^.^

Kind regards, 

- Ashley
Spotify Support Team.

Got any questions you'd like me to answer directly? Send me a private message here in the forums ^.^

Has this solved your problem? Click

"Accept as solution"

to help people in the same situation as yourself.

Suggested posts