Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify moto g sound/playback problems

Solved!

Spotify moto g sound/playback problems

Good morning,

first of all my native language is german, so my english won't be the best you've seen yet.

I've just bought Spotify Premium and I installed it on my Motorola Moto G 1st Generation Android 4.4.4 KitKat (3G and no SD-Card Slot).

First let me try to explain my problem.

I've just installed Spotify and downloaded my Playlist.

Whenever I try to listen to some music it plays for 3-10 seconds, then it mutes, well the volume doesn't turn down but it just mutes and continues playing without sound.

When I am using my earphones everything is working fine.

I reinstalled it like 5 times already, cleared cache, restarted my phone.

Spotify kills my google play music too. It stops playing songs, mutes itself and stuff but only when spotify installed. Everything is ok when I deinstall it.

It seems like there are 2 seperate volume adjustments because it sometimes switches form almost full volume to almost silent. Then I have to pause and unpause it and turn the volume back up.

So I just payed 10 bucks for a piece of software that makes it impossible to listen any kind of music on my mobile phone... NICE!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Have you got a cotton bud you can use to give a wipe inside? Definately seems something is in there.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

8 Replies

fixed it.

hardware reseted my phone.

Since my google play music didnt want to work as well anymore

Why the **bleep** do I have to reset my phone cuz of spotify?! invest some money in people who actually can code working software

I also have a Motrola Moto G and haven't had any problems. It looks like this may have been an issue with something else on your phone and nothing to do with Spotify, especially as you were also having problems with Google Play Music (I wouldn't have thought Google was exactly short of money to pay people "who actually can code working software").

So then theres something incomatible with spotify that makes my whole phone almost break?

I call that failure on both sides...

Update:

The problem still occurs even after the factory reset.

I haven't installed a lot of apps (eBay, flashlight, Burgerking, Twitch, Whatsapp, Instagram, Durak, Timberman and Spotify).

This bug is so weird, it's so hard to explain what happens...

The track mutes itself after some seconds but it's still running. Then I have to randomly change the volume settings up and down and then it makes a kind of jump and skips some volume and then after the skip it pauses and then I can listen to it for like 5 seconds.

Sounds odd, but can you check nothing is lodged in your headphones input? Give it a clean, ideally with a cotton bid if you can.

Android Troubleshooting:

I think that might be the problem.

The phone just switches to headphone mode. mutes the speaker and continues playing music on the earphones and then the track stops because the phone thinks I took the earphone out.

I blew the whole headphone input clean with a short result. It worked till I used my headphones shortly then I took them out and the same problem occurs. The input seems pretty clean..

Marked as solution

Have you got a cotton bud you can use to give a wipe inside? Definately seems something is in there.

Android Troubleshooting:

Got a cotton bud and wiped it inside. It seems to work again properly.

If it wont work anymore I've got an app called SoundAbout. I can deactivate the earphone jack with that app or let the Media audio forced to be played by the phonespeaker.

Thank you for your dedication and have a nice day sir 🙂

Suggested posts