Spotify no longer plays via bluetooth

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Suddenly Spotify no longer plays via Bluetooth, if Bluetooth is connected (ticked for calls and audio) it still plays via the phone speaker, adjusting the volume on the phone it will show Media (Spotify) (phone), all other audio comes via the Bluetooth eg youtube, google maps button and keyboard sounds. I have updated the latest version of Spotify, and Bluetooth device works fine with Spotify on other devices

I am able to Chromecast Bluetooth via the galaxy 8 to Chromecast connected devices without an issue. It has me perplexed as can no longer use this phone to run with and listen to music

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

I also used to have this phone and I think I know how to help.

1. First, connect to the bluetooth speaker and make sure that calls and audio are connected.
  2. then, once connected, swipe down to access the notification panel. You should see a panel with "smart things" at the top, along with "audio output".
  3. Press on the audio output, and make sure your bluetooth speaker is selected in the menu, and not"my phone". 

I will add some screenshots, which I hope help. I hope you understand this and it fixes your issue. 

Mark as solution if it helped.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

Screenshot_20200421-102236_One UI Home.jpg
5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

I also used to have this phone and I think I know how to help.

1. First, connect to the bluetooth speaker and make sure that calls and audio are connected.
  2. then, once connected, swipe down to access the notification panel. You should see a panel with "smart things" at the top, along with "audio output".
  3. Press on the audio output, and make sure your bluetooth speaker is selected in the menu, and not"my phone". 

I will add some screenshots, which I hope help. I hope you understand this and it fixes your issue. 

Mark as solution if it helped.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20200421-102236_One UI Home.jpg

**bleep** Thank you so much it worked, I had a different setting under "Advance Sound Settings" > Separate App sound

haha know worries. I used to use separate sound but caused me to many issues like this one 😂

I have the same issue but unfortunately your solution didn't work. I already had the bluetooth speaker selected, not my phone. It's so frustrating. 

Thanks a lot, Simonjames78, you're a saint!

Suggested posts