Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't remove widget from lockscreen

Solved!

Can't remove widget from lockscreen

This widget pops up on my lock screen whenever I play something. I don't know why this is happening now, it wasn't like this before. I've tried everything to get rid of it. I turned off my lock screen widgets, even all of my notifications. It's so annoying to see.

I got a Samsung A71, running on Android 11. Please help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Polarican,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

Please try taking the next route to disable the widget: Settings > Lock Screen > Widgets. You should be able to manage which apps have active widgets or not. 

Take into account that if you use a custom Launcher on your phone, those settings may change. 

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hey @trevipryno

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

If you play Spotify on Android device the widget is expected to appear after having locked the screen. 

In case your Spotify doesn't behave as expected, it's always a good idea to try a clean reinstall of the app on your Samsung device. This will remove corrupted data that could be causing the issue and get you the latest app version. 

If this persists after a clean reinstall, could you send us a screenshot displaying how this look on your end? Just attach the image to your next response to us by using the Insert Photos option in the post editor. 

Hope this helps. We'll look out for your reply. 

Same on S21 Ultra.

Hey @thiagopikcius

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

Could you confirm if you still experience this after a clean reinstall of the app? We recommend this as it'll update your Spotify to the latest app version.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

A32 unable to find setting to disable widget on lock screen. Spotify gets activated when in my pocket, seems like disabling widget would resolve the issue

Marked as solution

Hi @Polarican,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

Please try taking the next route to disable the widget: Settings > Lock Screen > Widgets. You should be able to manage which apps have active widgets or not. 

Take into account that if you use a custom Launcher on your phone, those settings may change. 

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

MafeGModerator

Thank god!

Since Spotify introduced this feature, I was searching for a way to deactivate it. It is so misplaced. If I just wanna take out my phone of my pocket it keeps activating the screen and I frequently touch the controls which results in skipping the song or manipulating the progress of the song.

Enabling or disabling this feature should be integrated by standard into the Spotify itself. I encourage you to forward this to the developers.

These were months of horror in usage until now.

I agree. Definitely so annoying! The songs kept pausing/stopping or altering the progress of the song within your pocket without your input. Just the humidity and warmth of your trousers were enough to simulate a touch. Insane. 

Luckily now with that tipp I could find a way to deactivate it.

Hello MafeG,

how can I support your help by clicking "accept as solution"? I don't find that. Or only the original poster can do that's?

Hi there @sebeem,

Thank you for your reply.

We've gone ahead and accepted the reply as a solution.

We're glad to see that this worked for you 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello, I have tried everything but the Spotify widge on my lock screen constantly pauses my music. It's kinda funny because I cannot find a setting to A. Stop my phone from showing the screen inside my pocket, and B. Cannot remove the widget... Please help... I've been searching for answers for months now. 

Hey @Scottiedo,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

To avoid repeating processes, would you mind letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? This will give us a better look at your issue to keep helping you further.

Also, it would be great if you could include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running. 

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

Hoooooly moooooly

Some months and some updates of Spotify later, and it starts all over again! That can't be true!

My Moto widgets are set to keep the Spotify lockscreen widget deactivated, but it seems, Spotify developers found a way to circumvent settings of individuals.

Dear Moderators, now we got three of you already in that thread. Instead of moderating, you should put through immediately to the developers that they shall include that option WITHIN the Spotify app itself! 

I really rarely invest myself into this kind of rage, but since I keep using my Spotify with lots of heart now even more, this just ruins all of my joy to use this app!

Besides, since I read I shall clean wipe the app, sincerely that can't be a number one answer amongst devs. We are users and we cannot just so often set up our entire app again. It's not only about settings but also selected downloads and such. And in fact, I did that actually some months ago, but for different reasons. But the problem showed up a lot later, after several other Spotify updates. So there's no connection nor help.

Spotify 8.7.42.943

Moto g8 power

Android 10

I'd like to second that. The lock screen widget is horribly annoying. So far I couldn't find any way to disable it (Android 12 on Motorola). Please add an option inside Spotify to disable it.

Hey @drakanor,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, would you mind sending us the exact model of your device along with the Spotify version you have currently running?

On another note, it'd be helpful if you could send us a video recording of said behavior. You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

Lastly, just to confirm, has the app always been behaving like this or does it start to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? Please send us the details about it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealand

Device

Samsung A52S 5G

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hey is there a way anyone knows of to disable the seek able progress bar that shows in the notification menu when you're playing a song in the background, when I put my phone in my pocket while playing a song it jumps around from time to time which is annoying.

Cheers 

LM-V600VM, Android 13, 4.19.157 (Kernal). Spotify version 8.8.40.470. I am completely unable to disable the banner on my lockscreen. It's infuriating and completly unwelcome. Did the clean OS install. Is there truly no way to disable this unwanted feature that was never an issue before?

Hello Spotify crew,

The problem persists and no one wants to do anything about it. Only the paying customer will be obliged to invest their precious time to do a "clean reinstall". As it is the most pleasant thing we love to do each time this happens. Not to mention all the details in adjusting the settings again + downloads + ......

It seems too much too asked to have a developer just implement that setting to deactivate that "feature" INSIDE the app. And not bullying users to find miraculous ways around it.

How many lovely community managers will move this topic around in the forum and suggest the same non-working solution over and over again? Why don't you forward this to the dev team eventually?

I hate to say it, but the problem still exists and tremendously affects my listening experience. Whenever I put my phone into my pocket or flip it out, my tracks rotate. It's such a pain.

Suggested posts