Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9+

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Hello, I have noticed an issue with Spotify not accepting voice commands anymore. I first noticed this as I was driving yesterday (5/30/22) and attempted to issue a voice command while Spotify was linked with Android Auto. I cleared Spotify's data and reinstalled it, and the issue persisted. I began testing further and could replicate the issue with other voice command assistants. Both Google Assistant and Bixby both fail.

What is happening:
I will be listening to a song and ask Spotify to play a specific track or album with Google Assistant (or Bixby or Android Auto).
Google Assistant will accept the command and say "Playing on Spotify" 
Google Assistant will then say "Sorry something went wrong. Please try opening the Spotify App to continue."

Bixby will say "Please sign in to the Spotify App" (even though I'm signed in and playing music)

Android Auto will also say something went wrong.

24 Replies

With the most recent update (I am noticing this on 6/01/22), voice commands from assistants have begun being accepted again.

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for reaching about this in the Community. 

Could you update the app to the latest version, restart your device and tell us if the issue still persists?

If so, send us over the make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed, along with the troubleshooting steps you've followed already (if applicable). 

We'll be standing by.

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Fixed for me on 8.7.34.1317, thanks.

Hi @borislip,

Thanks for your reply. 

We're glad to know this is working for you. 

Remember the Community is here in case you need anything else.

Cheers!

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Hi.  I'm having this issue with the Spotify app in my car.  It's a 2022 Volvo XC60 with Google OS, when using the voice command, eg, I said "play coldplay", Car says "Got it, playing Coldplay on Spotify", then it thinks about it for around 10 seconds and then an error comes up "Something went wrong" and it doesn't play.  The Spotify app in the car is 4.3.0.3, the car runs on Android 11 and is on version 2.1 of the Volvo software.  It's been like this a couple of months, prior to that it worked perfectly.

Suggested posts