Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Android showing wrong song. Started some days ago.

Spotify on Android showing wrong song. Started some days ago.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Note 8

Operating System

Android 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

Spotify on my Android phone suddenly started not showing the song I am hearing. My car player via Bluetooth also shows the same wrong song name. Started a few days ago, possibly related to an Android update i just got.

4 Replies

Hey @Sebofo.

If this is happening via Bluetooth, I suggest checking this thread, as it was already reported.

if there's any updates about this, it'll be posted there.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Having the same problem. The notification on the status bar doesn't change and stays the same even when I skip a song. And the media buttons on it completely freezes. I can't even delete the notification unless I force close Spotify.

No its not csused by bluetooth, the problem is visible on the local display on the phone. The display (the wrong song name) that is displayed on the phone is also propagated to bluetooth-connected devices such as the car stereo 

Thanks for getting back to us.

When the issue happens over Bluetooth to your car stereo, make sure to follow the thread I linked.

About this happening on your phone's display, could you send us a screenshot of what you see on your end? Also, have you tried reinstalling Spotify to see if it helps?

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts