Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 6.01 doesn't work

Solved!

Spotify on Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 6.01 doesn't work

Recentyl I've had some problems with my Spotify Premium on my smartphone. At first I couldn't stop the music as the app crashed when I tried to, and since yesterday, after I downloaded some Android updates, nothing works. When I open the app, I just see a black screen followed by the message "Spotify does not work. Do you want to close the app, report the problem or wait?". I have already deinstalled the app and restarted my smartphone a lot of times, but it didn't help. Finally I managed to log into my account, which took several minutes. I tried to listen to a song from my private playlist, but then the app crashed again and now I have the black screen again! 

Has anyone had the same problems? I would really appreciate some help! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Joe, thanks for answering. Unfortunately the instructions didn't work for me, but I found a solution: my SD memory card was damaged and therefore my Spotify and also the music on my phone didn't work. Found it out by chance after accidentally deactivating the card and not being able to reactivate it. I don't know how my damaged SD memory card could affect my Spotify as the playlists are all saved on the internal storage of my phone, but I'm just glad that I can use it again! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Try the instructions here for reinstalling spotify, including deleting the folders if they exist.

Marked as solution

Hey Joe, thanks for answering. Unfortunately the instructions didn't work for me, but I found a solution: my SD memory card was damaged and therefore my Spotify and also the music on my phone didn't work. Found it out by chance after accidentally deactivating the card and not being able to reactivate it. I don't know how my damaged SD memory card could affect my Spotify as the playlists are all saved on the internal storage of my phone, but I'm just glad that I can use it again! 

Suggested posts