Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify only works when I'm connected to a wireless network (WiFi)

Spotify only works when I'm connected to a wireless network (WiFi)

When I try to search anything on Spotify with my mobile network, it shows that there's "No internet connection available". As soon as I turn on WiFi on my Galaxy, Spotify loads everything normally.

I already tried to reinstall Spotify, even clearing data and cache before installing Spotify again.

I attached the images of what Spotify shows when I try to connect with my mobile network, the version of Spotify I'm using and my device information.

Thanks

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
10 Replies

Take a look at "Cannot access Spotify on mobile data" in this post to see if it helps.

I'm sorry, can you send a screenshot? I didn't found the section you are mentioning about "Cannot access Spotify on mobile data".

Thanks

Apologies, I removed it as it seemed obsolete as only seemed to affect US T-Mobile users, which the issue was corrected for.

I would suggest if the issue is only occurring using mobile data that you contact your service provider to see if they are blocking it.

Who are you with & in which Country?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I'm from Colombia and my mobile data provider is Movistar.

Other carriers have started using IPv6 too Daniel and I believe this includes Movistar. IPv4 IPs are getting scarce and, hopefully, Spotify are on the case,

@juanap try changing your APN, by navigating to Settings > More > Mobile networks > Access Point Names. Select your Movistar APN, and scroll to APN protocol. Change this to IPv4, and then save your APN.

@Joe OK - I've added back the detail regarding the use of IPv6 into the guide, although removed reference to T-Mobile as it seems to be wider than that now.

Thanks for the heads-up

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I've borrowed a SIM card from another mobile data provider and Spotify connected normally, as expected, with the new SIM card. Now we can be sure that the problem might be from my mobile data provider (Movistar Colombia).

However, I tried changing to IPv4 and for my surprise, the default settings of my APN already are for IPv4. I also tried to change it to "IPv4/IPv6" and nothing changed. I will attach some photos of my Movistar APN default settings (also tried to reset all APN connections that my smarthphone could find by default with the Movistar SIM connected).

Thanks.

1Spotify.jpg
2Spotify.jpg

I recommend contacting your carrier to see if they have a solution, particularly as spotify worked with another sim.

I get this endless "hang" on start-up too. If I don't have the internet, so what? There are features of Spotify you can use without it - i.e. my downloaded playlists which is what I use Spotify on my Android for.

Just take me to them...

Suggested posts