Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unwanted upgrade message

All of a sudden, I keep getting a popup message to upgrade my account anytime I switch to a new screen. The thing is, I'm already a premium user. I tried to find a place to turn these off, but couldn't find one. Anyone else getting this?

• Gig Goer
  • All of a sudden, I keep getting a popup message to upgrade my account anytime I switch to a new screen. The thing is, I'm already a premium user. I tried to find a place to turn these off, but couldn...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Android 4.4.2+]Cache on external SD card is possible

It seems a lot of folk running android 4.4.2+ have had trouble getting spotify to use an external SD card for its cache. I just bought a card for my android so I thought I'd give it a try and it worked! My mobile Samsung Galagy Note 3 - android 4.4.2...

• Community Legend
  • It seems a lot of folk running android 4.4.2+ have had trouble getting spotify to use an external SD card for its cache. I just bought a card for my android so I thought I'd give it a try and it work...
  • Sandy4
  • 46 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 46 replies
  • 25 likes

Solved!! Error: No Memrory found at start

Hi, i need some help When I start the application appears in the notification bar " memory did not found " and there is black screen. any idea that can happen? This began to give after the last update . My Phone LG G4 H815

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i need some help   When I start the application appears in the notification bar " memory did not found " and there is black screen. any idea that can happen? This began to give afte...
  • spagnone
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Error
    memory
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

One track from one album won't download

The last track on Depression Cherry/Beach House won't download. I've had this album downloaded for quite a while, and the other day I noticed the last track was gone from the downloaded view of the album.Tried redownloading it, nothing. The song stil...

• Casual Listener
  • The last track on Depression Cherry/Beach House won't download. I've had this album downloaded for quite a while, and the other day I noticed the last track was gone from the downloaded view of the a...
  • b_spin
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download error
    track problem
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline music not downloaded anymore

I just open my spotify movil app and all the music i had downloaded to available offline wasnt there anymore BUT the memory o my device was full cause of the music this is the second time this happened to me im just a little bored of spotify movil ap...

• Casual Listener
  • I just open my spotify movil app and all the music i had downloaded to available offline wasnt there anymore BUT the memory o my device was full cause of the music this is the second time this happen...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Are videos not available on Android tablets?

No videos showing on Galaxy Tab 8.4 pro, no videos showing on Nexus 7, both running last Spotify update. Any clues?

• Casual Listener
  • No videos showing on Galaxy Tab 8.4 pro, no videos showing on Nexus 7, both running last Spotify update. Any clues?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I create a photo album

After wandering all ova Spit's DroidFone site I finally stumbled across a page that actually gave me permission to upload pix from my fones gallery. I proceeded to "choose file" and although I couldn't see my pix immagonna take Spit's word for it tha...

• Casual Listener
  •  After wandering all ova Spit's DroidFone site I finally stumbled across a page that actually gave me permission to upload pix from my fones gallery.  I proceeded to "choose file" and alth...
  • therealterrytol
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Albums
    create
    pictures
    Upload
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I make spotify mobile play music files I have on my phone.

I have an album or two downloaded onto my phone's micro SD card and one on or two song onto spotify itself. Is there anyway I can get spotify to play those? It can get annoying traveling back and forth between three different locations on my phone.

• Casual Listener
  • I have an album or two downloaded onto my phone's micro SD card and one on or two song onto spotify itself. Is there anyway I can get spotify to play those? It can get annoying traveling back and for...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify shuts down after 5 minutes

Hello, I have spotify premium. When i am playing songs from My Albums or so the spotify app shuts down. The app is doing this while i am connected to internet by 4G or Wifi. It is very frustrating because i need to start the app like about 10 to 20 t...

• Hello,    I have spotify premium. When i am playing songs from My Albums or so the spotify app shuts down. The app is doing this while i am connected to internet by 4G or Wifi. It is very...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast not working with android 5.1.1

My girlfriend has a moto g2 with android 5.0.2 and is able to see chromecast as a device. I have a moto g3 with android 5.1.1 and I can't see the chromecast device.both our spotifiy apps are at the same version (4.0.0.8.0.0).She is using the free ver...

• Casual Listener
  • My girlfriend has a moto g2 with android 5.0.2 and is able to see chromecast as a device.  I have a moto g3 with android 5.1.1 and I can't  see the chromecast device. both our spotifiy ap...
  • Steinhoefel1
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Problem with Moto G3 and Chromecast (2015) (video version)

Spotify won't find my new Chromecast (2015) (video version) when using my Moto G (3rd generation) phone.All other applicable apps on my Moto G3 finds the Chromecast.When using my other devices the corresponding Spotify app finds the Chromecast. I kno...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify won't find my new Chromecast (2015) (video version) when using my Moto G (3rd generation) phone. All other applicable apps on my Moto G3 finds the Chromecast. When using my other devices th...
  • Steinhoefel1
  • Regular
  • 30 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!! How to cast offline playlists to Chromecast while in offline mode?

I have a Spotify Premium account and like to use it throughout the day while I am driving around for work. We just got a new puppy who has to occassionally stay home by himself, and I would like to play music on the Chromecast on my TV for him to lis...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Spotify Premium account and like to use it throughout the day while I am driving around for work. We just got a new puppy who has to occassionally stay home by himself, and I would like to p...
  • driveflanger
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify deletes all playlists and offline music

Hello everyone,I use spotify premium together with another person. 3 days ago, Spotify started to delete all playlists and offline music I had(the other user lost his music and the playlists too). So I went on the Spotify page and used the playlist r...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone, I use spotify premium together with another person. 3 days ago, Spotify started to delete all playlists and offline music I had(the other user lost his music and the playlists too). ...
  • pimp13
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No sound

Guys, I'm having a trouble about: after the music is over, the next one doesn't make any sound...Help me pleaseOh almost I forgot, I have spotify premiun and this is about my songs that I've downloaded

• Casual Listener
  • Guys, I'm having a trouble about: after the music is over, the next one doesn't make any sound... Help me please Oh almost I forgot, I have spotify premiun and this is about my songs that I've down...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android

Hi every one,Spotify play one song and after it keeps playing but without musicWhat should i do?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi every one, Spotify play one song and after it keeps playing but without music What should i do?
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Most popular from your friends

Where is "most popular from your friends" or something like that. It was few months ago (maybe 2 or 3). Where it is like now?

• Gig Goer
  • Where is "most popular from your friends" or something like that. It was few months ago (maybe 2 or 3). Where it is like now?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

new samsung a3 handset

Help.please.I've just had a replacement samsung a3 and everything (contacts etc)has been restored but not my apps.I've installed spotify again but can't log in...it just keeps saying 'you already gave an account'...

• Help.please.I've just had a replacement samsung a3 and everything (contacts etc)has been restored but not my apps.I've installed spotify again but can't log in...it just keeps saying 'you already gav...
  • snoozecriminal
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

playlist got cleard

so using my phone to controll my computer at work 2 of my playlists were wiped with the exclusion of 3 songs. is there a way to get my playlists back? its like a total of 130+ songs and no more then 4 songs from a band

• so using my phone to controll my computer at work 2 of my playlists were wiped with the exclusion of 3 songs. is there a way to get my playlists back? its like a total of 130+ songs and no more then ...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Using spotify offline

My spotify keeps telling me that it stopped downloading my songs because I do not have enough space on my device but that is very wrong as I have 46 gigs left of storage that I can use how do I fix this?

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify keeps telling me that it stopped downloading my songs because I do not have enough space on my device but that is very wrong as I have 46 gigs left of storage that I can use how do I fix t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Not getting shows

Not getting shows on my galaxy s2 tablet it on my galaxy s5 phone 

• Not getting shows on my galaxy s2 tablet it on my galaxy s5 phone 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies