Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify only works with WIFI

Spotify only works with WIFI

Plan

Premium

Country

Colombia

Device

Xiaomi mi A3

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Spotify shows "offline" when wifi is not connected. I've deleted the app twice, deleted all files related but it doesn't fix. 4G works perfect with every app but Spotify. I also checked if there was any restrictions in the data settings of my phone but there aren't any.

5 Replies

Hey @juanardila3,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

If your Spotify appears to be offline in the presence of an active internet connection, then check the tips we have posted on our Support page. It's really important to note if the 'Offline mode' hasn't been switched on for your app on that device.

If the above doesn't help, then it could be worthwhile to perform the so called clean reinstall of the app, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. See if this will make things work.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach if you have questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried all of this and it didn't work! What now?

Hi there @0shi,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know what device this is happening on and if it's happening only on your phone, what is your country and mobile provider?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have to connect to a WiFi before it works, then after it works, I can now use mobile data, it now works on Mobile data. It's really stressful doing that

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post, as it fits better here in this thread.

In this case, we'd suggest you try some of the suggestions you can find in this thread to see if you notice any difference in the behavior you mentioned.

If the above doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us the exact make/model and OS, along with the Spotify version you're running there? Make sure to send us the suggestions you've followed. That way we can avoid repeating any steps.

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts