Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playing unprompted when switching between apps (Samsung s10lite)

Spotify playing unprompted when switching between apps (Samsung s10lite)

Hi, for several weeks Spotify starts playing completely unprompted when I try to toggle between apps on my s10 lite. I don't even have Spotify open and the only way to get it to stop is to launch the app and then select pause from Spotify. I can't find anything similar to this and have tried both restarting my device and reinstalling Spotify. It doesn't happen all the time but I can't work out a pattern either. Thanks for any suggestions!
9 Replies

Hi there @Richjc06 and @Reeves69,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We'd like to take a closer look into this,

To start with, can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If you already did and it didn't do the trick, can you let us know which version of the app you're having?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Have a great continued day 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Thanks Jeremy.

I hadn't done a full uninstall but have followed those steps now. Will post back if it is successful or not.

I am on version 8.7.22.1125

Hi there @Richjc06,

Thank you for your reply and for testing the troubleshooting out.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy, unfortunately the issue is still persisting  what is throwing me is that it doesn't happen consistently but I also can't discern any pattern as to what could be triggering it.

Hey there @Richjc06,

Thanks for the post.

In this case, we recommend to deactivate the Autostart option by heading to your phone's Settings > Applications > Spotify > Autostart.

We've had previous complaints about this and through investigation have found out that this can be triggered by 3rd party apps that try to initialize music playback - one example is the fitness app "Polar Flow", which has special notification access, allowing it to launch Spotify automatically. Something else that could be causing this is a Bixby routine, so you can check the Bixby app and disable any routines involving Spotify.

Could you please search your phone's settings for "Notification access" (it should be under Apps > Special access > Notification access) and disable the notification permissions for Polar Flow or any other app you might assume would want audio playback control and please report back the results to us, including any other apps you've found were causing this.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Alex, this makes sense - I do have polar flow installed but the issue persists with other apps too - mainly myfitnesspal and my clock app to set my alarm.

Are the steps you've detailed below device agnostic? I can't seem to find the autostart setting on my android (Samsung galaxy s10lite) or notifications settings.

Thanks and regards,

Rich

Sorry, I just found the notification setting and have disabled polar flow. Will update with results 👍

Hi Alex, notification setting change hasn't resolved the issue unfortunately. Probably worth saying this only happens intermittently and doesn't appear to follow any consistent pattern

Hey @Richjc06,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I know it's a lot to ask, but could you try to disable the previously described apps for a moment and look for the issue again? This will help us a lot in determining if there is some kind of relation to the 3rd party apps.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts