Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify problems with Google Assistant on Nvidia Shield TV

Solved!

Spotify problems with Google Assistant on Nvidia Shield TV

I have Spotify set up as my default audio player in Assistant.

When I say, "Play Born Under a Bad Sign" with Play Music as my default player it says, "Proceeding to Play Born Under a Bad Sign by Albert King" then plays it.

When Spotify is my default music player, it does the same thing but for the fact I get the, "Something went wrong", message. Even if I just say "Play Albert King" I still get the "Something went wrong" message after it says it's playing it. I just can't seem to get it to work. As far as I know I have everything set up correctly on my Shield.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Curious to know...did the latest Shield update fix everybody's problem with this?  It seems to have fixed mine.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

yep!! now its working!! 😄

View solution in original post

16 Replies

I have the same issue. I tried removing my Google account as mentioned in this reddit post, but it didn't help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ShieldAndroidTV/comments/74y47b/assistant_with_spotify_problems/

I also removed and re-added my Google account. No difference. 

Also removed and added my Google account. Cleared data from play services & the Google app. Uninstalled Spotify and installed it again. Still I get the Sorry something went wrong... error. If I change default music player to Google Music it works fine. Very frustrating.

Weird thing is this worked initially after the shield firmware update with google assistant... then stopped working days later.

Same problem here +1

Did a factory reset on the Shield today to no use. Google music still works fine but Spotify still give me the "Sorry something went wrong..." error. 

I'm having the same issue.  Sure would be nice to fix it.

Just got a Shield TV and having the same issue. Would be nice if it worked.

Add me to the list!

Me too, same problem, woukd be nice to hear that so.eone is work g on it  

Same problem here on the Shield Pro.

I am also having this problem and it is super annoying

Marked as solution

Curious to know...did the latest Shield update fix everybody's problem with this?  It seems to have fixed mine.

Marked as solution

yep!! now its working!! 😄

yep, now its working fine.

It's working now so all's good.:)

Suggested posts