Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify radio - track stops playing in Android app

Spotify radio - track stops playing in Android app

A track will suddenly stop playing when in radio mode on the Android app. several tracks will play no problem then it will suddenly stop mid-track. The console shows the pause button active, as it would be if it is still playing, but playback is stopped. After pressing the pause/play button a few times it may start again. No problem in ordinary playback mode, only in radio mode. No problem in PC app, only Android app. Android app is streaming through WiFi. The phone is a Motorola Atrix 2, Android ver 2.3

7 Replies

Same issue here.  It happens consistently randomly with the classical channel and never with the alternative channel.  Sometimes hitting pause and restart fixes the issue.  Other times nothing works until I reboot my Samsung Galaxy SIII.

Same problem here, only with classic radio station though.

Same problem seen in my HTC Evo 4G LTE, HP Touchpad with CM9, Sansung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet.  Also with the classical stations but I have not tried other stations.   Has any one seen this problem with other stations?

After emailing with Spotify Technical support, they suggested that I do the following steps:

http://www.spotify.com/uk/help/faq/tech/clean-reinstallation-of-spotify/

And here is what I did:

1. Clear Spotify Data.

2. Uninstalled Spotify App.

3. Reboot (My battery is sealed on my HTC Evo 4G LTE, i.e. HTC One X equivalent).

4. Reinstalled Spotify from Google Play.

After I did those and re-login into the Spotify app, after a few songs I encountered infamous "No Internet Connection" error.   Other Internet apps are still working (Browser...)   So I turned off the WiFi and then turned it on again.  That fixed it.   So the Spotify's handling the WiFi error seemed to be a problem in the start.

After that, I started streaming radio and things looked a lot better.   Now it doesn't seem to encounter this error anymore.   I also tried another device (HP Touchpad with CM9) and that looked ok as well.   I'll continue to observe how things go but so far it seemed to be ok now.

I have done the above procedure and the problem persists. It is highly frustrating having my playback interrupted like this after only a few tracks. It's worse than ads and not what I expect from a paid premium account.

Has there been resolution to this issue?

I have been experiencing this same problem too.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled on my Android devices and the classical radio continues to stop playing music.  I'm also a premium user.

I had the problem described, turning wifi off then back on solved it. Doubt it's permanently solved, but it's a quick fix regardless.

Suggested posts