Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly turns on and starts playing music

Spotify randomly turns on and starts playing music

in the middle of the night, my spotify will turn on and start playing music. to the point i have to turn my volume all the way down before i go to bed just to make sure it won't wake me up.
3 Replies

I have a similar problem. I have a brand new Pixel 6 Pro and installed (for the first time on any device) Spotify.   Multiple times during the last week, I would stop Spotify by pausing the music. Sometimes I would also swipe to close the app as well (such as when I had reached a meeting and wouldn't want music to play for the next few hours). Spotify would start playing again even though I had done nothing (not even touched the phone). This was particularly unwelcome when I had entered a meeting and my purse starts playing music.

I have reviewed a similar issue on Samsung with Polar Flow and  tried out those suggestions but I don't have Polar Flow on my device and couldn't find any similar apps or notification settings. 

Hey @troysd01 and @WinN1

Thanks for bringing this up.

@troysd01, could you share your device setup (model, OS, Spotify version) so we can look for a solution for your device?

In the meantime both of you can try to first log out your account on all devices and reset the password. Also check for any 3rd party apps with access permissions on your account and remove the ones you don't recognize, if any. How to do that you can find out here.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts