Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify reading wrong the free space for the sdcard in my Galaxy Nexus LTE

Solved!

Spotify reading wrong the free space for the sdcard in my Galaxy Nexus LTE

The old and new app reports that my sdcard is full, but it's not.  It has 25 gigs free, when I use my PC program it also shows that the sdcard is full, so I cannot download the music for offline.  Thanks have a nice day.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

it's fixed, i don't know what happened but now i'm downloading the music with the new app

View solution in original post

7 Replies

It's probably writing to the phone internal memory, not the external memory. The old app has an option on the login screen to change the storage location, but this is missing from the new app at present. Suggest you switch back to the old app from the Market and change this setting

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

The old app had the right address to the sdcard /mnt/sdcard . Still showed my sdcard was full.

@thehulkk wrote:

when I use my PC program it also shows that the sdcard is full

What PC program are you using? Perhaps there is an issue with your SD card if your PC is also reporting this?

----------------

I was refering to the spotify windows program.  What could be wrong? all my other apps see the sdcard not full.  Thanks for the help by the way.

Edit:  I don't know if this matters, but the sdcard in the galaxy nexus is a virtual sdcard, it's not a physical sdcard, i'm sure you know that.

@thehulkk wrote:

Edit:  I don't know if this matters, but the sdcard in the galaxy nexus is a virtual sdcard, it's not a physical sdcard, i'm sure you know that.

Yeah, that's why I thought it must be writing to the internal memory rather than the (vitual) SD memory. Only thing I can suggest is to reinstall the old app (from Play), then log out and on the login screen reset the location again, and see if that works. Sorry for nothing more helpful than that

----------------

I did reinstall the old app, I experimented with other address /sdcard but that one didn't work either.  It's weird in the settings it shows the free space to be 25 gigs, but when i tried downloading, it would stall, or just say I was full after downloading a couple of songs.  I hope spotify fixes this problem.

Marked as solution

it's fixed, i don't know what happened but now i'm downloading the music with the new app

Suggested posts