Premium

Country

Germany

Device

OnePlus 7T Pro

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

While streaming music my Spotify app sometimes shows the same song for every song that I play. Restarting the app does not help. The only solution to resolve this issue is a restart of the phone. This happens multiple times per week.

The time every song takes simply gets added to the existing elapsed time (see attached file).

Screenshot_20200921-122117.jpg
4 Replies

Hey there @Classy_AJ,   

Help’s here! We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

Make sure you perform a clean reinstall on your Android device in order to remove any corrupted files or cache from previous installations. Follow the steps here on how to do that. 

Tip: Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

If you see no change after the clean reinstall, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

It doesn't help, lots of people have said it doesn't help and you have lots of people with the same issue. Spotify need to sort something and soon as it is making the app unusable

True, only thing actually helps is crashing the app yourself. Update on 09/28/2020 was messed up a little bit... I have exactly the same issue. Also the API doesn't work fine

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I tried all the things you recommended. Unfortunately the issue still occurs on a daily basis.

I really don't know what to do...

Thank you in advance.

Suggested posts