Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify starts playing randomly on its own

Spotify starts playing randomly on its own

Plan

Premium Trial

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Note 20 Ultra

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Spotify will just start randomly playing.  Many time it's when I open my phone or another app.  Occasionally it just starts on its own.  I did the clean wipe and reinstall and the issue is still a problem.  It's the same song and not one from what I've just been listening to.

Top Answer
Yordan

Hey folks!

It seems that other users have are experiencing something similar in this thread here. I recently posted there and some people have reported that it did the trick for them, so feel free to check out my post and give it a shot.

Cheers!

25 Replies

Could it not be related to the alarm settings? Mine is starting to sing, and while it doesn't show up as an alarm, comparing the times, I found it to happen when the alarm was set. To stop spotifay, I have to open the spotifay application and stop it, but it looks like it's some kind of bug between spotifay and the alarm.

Thanks for the input, but it seems doubtful that turning off Quick Tap
would be a solution for ME, since Spotify has almost always launched itself
when I'm not even HOLDING my phone, much less "tapping" anything.

I gave up and uninstalled the app. Permanently

In this day and age, who needs the hassle.

If the authors of the app can't figure it out, why should I "bust my ass"?

There are lots of working alternatives.

Hey folks!

It seems that other users have are experiencing something similar in this thread here. I recently posted there and some people have reported that it did the trick for them, so feel free to check out my post and give it a shot.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue since a couple of months ago. Phone in pocket, phone being used (email, teams meeting, what ever), phone resting on a table and suddenly out of nowhere Spotify kicks off playing music. Multiple people around me is seeing the same behavior since around the same timing. Some have decided to uninstall it due to the awkward situations it can cause. 

Hey @Annoyed-user-123,

Thanks for posting.

Could you check the solutions mentioned in the thread @Yordan linked in the reply above? The users there reported similar experiences, so maybe the information in there would be helpful for you as well.

If you still have trouble you could post in the linked thread as we'll be closing this topic for new replies.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts