NEXT STEP

Spotify stopped saving the artists I follow

Spotify stopped saving the artists I follow

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

My Question or Issue

I follow quite a few artist, and have experienced no problems with the amount of artists - until recently. When I follow a new artist, it looks like Spotify saved it, but if I leave the artist page and return later, my "follow" has disappeared. Really frustrating, as this is my way of remembering a lot of bands

7 Replies

Hey @Jespermo,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

First up, could you try restarting your device? I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. If that didn't do the trick, please try performing a quick clean reinstallation of the app by following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, can you check if you experience this issue on any other devices?

Let me know how it goes — I'll be here in case you need any further help 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi
Thank you for the answer.
I tried restarting my phone - and to reinstall Spotify, but it haven't made any changes. 
I can follow an artist, it looks like it saves it and then twenty minutes later - the artist is unfollowed again.

Hey @Jespermo,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Are you using an SD card with your device? If so, please try removing the SD card to see if that helps resolve the issue.

If that didn't do the trick, could you check how much free space you have on your device? Issues can often occur if you have less than 1GB of free space on your device. If you have less than 1GB available, could you try freeing up some space, and see if the issue persists?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of your Spotify app, the exact version of the operating system you're running, and check if the issue occurs when using another device?

Keep me posted 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Nothing seems to help. Found another thread with people experiencing the same. Sounds like something larger: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Mac/Followed-artists-becoming-Unfollowed/td-p/498698/page/4

Hey @Jespermo,

I'd love to help you get to the bottom of this issue. If you can perform a few more troubleshooting steps and provide me with a bit more info, we should be able to sort this out.

First, please try logging into your device using a different account (a family member or friend's Spotify account of example) and see if the issue persists.

Second, please try logging into another device with your account and see if the issue persists.

Finally, could you let me know the exact version of your Spotify app and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

All of the above info will help me determine what kind of an issue we're facing, (e.g. account or device issue) and should help us resolve this as quickly as possible.

Looking forward to your response 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Is there a limit to the number of artists a user can follow? I have this same issue. 

Hey @the_gregster12,

There's no limit to how many artists a user you can follow.

If you can try a few troubleshooting steps, I'd love to help resolve this issue 🙂

First up, please perform a quick clean reinstallation of the app by following these steps, so that we can troubleshoot with a fresh installation of the Spotify app.

Then, please try logging into your device using a different account (a family member or friend's Spotify account of example) and see if the issue persists.

Next, please try logging into another device with your account and see if the issue persists.

Finally, could you let me know the exact version of your Spotify app and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

All of the above info will help me determine what kind of an issue we're facing, (e.g. account or device issue) and should help us resolve this as quickly as possible.

Looking forward to your response 🙂

NoahSpotify Star

Suggested posts