Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops and needs app to be shutdown before playing again

Spotify stops and needs app to be shutdown before playing again

On the free plan, in the UK, through a Amazon Firestick

Spotify will just stop playing sometimes and will require the app to be shut down and the data and cache wiped before playing again.

8 Replies

I'm having exactly the same problem and would like to know how to solve it.

Not sure if this is related, but I keep getting a message from ES File app saying I need to analyse Spotify app, although when I try to do that - nothing happens!? 

I'm having the same issue - please help! Deleting the cache and data, uninstalling and reinstalling has not fixed it. Playlists just stop playing after 5-10 songs, always at the end of a song.

Update: tonight it stopped playing but, despite deleting data and cache, it still doesn't play! 😵

There was a software update to the firestick last night and, since then, Spotify plays as expected 👍 Let's hope it continues!

Ha, that didn't last long! 

It's back to stopping after a few songs again 😞

There's now been an update to Spotify and this seems to have cured it. 

Hey @Alsatian.

Glad to hear it's working fine now 🙂

Hit us up if it plays up again - we'll make sure to look into it.

Take care!

@Marchw wrote:
I'm having the same issue - please help! Deleting the cache and data, uninstalling and reinstalling has not fixed it. Playlists just stop playing after 5-10 songs, always at the end of a song.

Interestingly this is the same behaviour I am getting on Android TV. Version 1.17.0. If I try to resume playback it either doesn't work or thinks its playing but no audio is output. Force closing the app and restarting kicks it back into life.

Suggested posts