Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing 10 minutes after "sleep" - Samsung S8

Spotify stops playing 10 minutes after "sleep" - Samsung S8

Plan: Premium

Device: Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System: Android Oreo

I've noticed in the last few weeks that Spotify will stop streaming after exactly and reliably 10 minutes after putting the phone to sleep.

I've gone to the power settings and made sure Spotify is unmonitored, that didn't help. Then I turned off all power monitoring and power saving, it still didn't help. I've restarted, reinstalled Spotify and no luck. I verified I have wifi running "always" so it's not that. It happens whether I'm on wifi or mobile data. I'm stumped.

Other things I notice:

• Sometimes when I go back to Spotify after such an event, it insists I'm offline when I try to search, yet I can still stream whatever I was previously playing without any issue
  • The screen widget is almost always blank after I wake the phone up, instead of showing me what is currently playing

I have no issues on my desktop so it's something on this device. It used to work fine up until maybe a month ago. If I keep the phone awake by tapping it every so iften there are no issues. It sounds power/sleep related but I don't know any other levers I can pull to keep it going. 

Any assistance welcome!

1 Reply

Hi @majikshoe

There are some ongoing issues with the Android app. Please add your feedback and vote to the official thread. It will help to resolve it faster.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts