Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing after ten minutes when on WIFI but plays fine when using 4G

Spotify stops playing after ten minutes when on WIFI but plays fine when using 4G

Whenever I try to stream music on my KINDLE or my ANDROID phone  (HTC THUNDERBOLT) the music will stop playing after ten minutes (even if it's in the middle of a song). This happens when I'm on WIFI. If I have the phone in 4G mode, it plays fine. I have an iPad that plays on WIFI without any issues and the desktop is not a problem either. This is only a problem on the phone and the Kindle.

Any suggestions?

6 Replies

The kindle turns wifi off when the screen turns off, if I recall correctly. I think there's an app in the appstore to keep the screen on all the time.

On the HTC, go to the android wifi/advanced settings and make sure that "keep wifi on during sleep" is set to always.

I'll give the settings for the phone a try.

The kindle screen does not turn off when Spotify stops playing. It stays on.

Which Kindle do you have? If your screen stays on then it might be a network issue. There are some suggested solutions over here.

Kindle Fire HDX. I recently had a major issue with it that I reported to the kindle folks. Spotify had worked fine for abotu a month and then it just wouldn't play at all. That issue eventually became resolved and then we ended up with this new issue. I'll check the suggested network solutions. Thanks.

Just looked over the solutions you had suggested.  I don't think that's it. All other streaming content (Hulu, Netflix, etc) work perfectly fine. It's only Spotify and it's almost always at about the ten minute mark that it drops out.

I recommend getting in touch with spotify support here regarding the Kindle. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

Suggested posts