Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops working when I try to play the next song (skipping)

Solved!

Spotify stops working when I try to play the next song (skipping)

So I have had Spotify premium for a little less than a year and it keeps getting worse. I have a Moto G4 plus and the newest version of android
Of course the saved songs are undownloaded every now and then, and it's just slow.

But lately I'm having a lot of problems with skipping songs. Most of the time when I try to play the next song, it just won't.
Nothing's wrong when I don't touch any buttons, because then it'll play on.
But whenever I try to play the next song (either through swiping next, choosing next in the app, or in the notification).
Restarting the app is the only solution, because Spotify freezes each time. I'm pretty annoyed with this, I'm paying 10 euros a month for just a lot of sh*t.

I hope there's a better solution to this. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, thanks for the message.

I'm assuming that your spotify accout works perfect on the desktop version of spotify which means there's an error caused by your current application.

I'm also assuming that you have checked
your account on different android devices and it has worked beautifully.

You can try installing the old version of Spotify since maybe it is caused by a current bug.
Download from here:
https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old

Hope this helps,
Cheers

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, thanks for the message.

I'm assuming that your spotify accout works perfect on the desktop version of spotify which means there's an error caused by your current application.

I'm also assuming that you have checked
your account on different android devices and it has worked beautifully.

You can try installing the old version of Spotify since maybe it is caused by a current bug.
Download from here:
https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old

Hope this helps,
Cheers

Thanks, I will try that. I really hope it works!

Suggested posts