Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify use with Bluetooth causes phone to crash.

Spotify use with Bluetooth causes phone to crash.

Hey, I have a Moto-X with android 4.2.2 and an up-to-date spotify app.

When I try to play a song while connected to my Bluetooth speaker (a Photive Hydra PH-BTW55) it causes my phone to reboot. This is a new problem as I have used this pair (phone and speaker) quite often in the past.

Other media, such as YouTube, plays just fine through the speaker.

10 Replies

Yeah, I have this exact problem. Phone plays fine over bluetooth with any audio player besides Spotify, when I use Spotify it plays one song and then the phone crashes/restarts.

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I am suffering phone crashes when Spotify is playing too, but I am not specifically playing it through a Bluetooth speaker, but Bluetooth is active. I did the full reinstall (actually started needing to do a factory reset for Android Lollipop issues, but this one still persists). I will see at the gym today if my latest app reinstall changes anything.

I find that it crashes after about 1/2 of playing just fine...then my phone completely reboots.

*BUMP* - if that's still a thing.

It's November 2016.

Spotify Version 6.5.0.1816

I have a Droid Turbo 2.

I have Android Marshmellow 6.0

Kernel 3.10.84 | System 24.14.16 | Build MCK24.78-13.16

I have 128 GB SD card installed that I have formatted as primary phone storage.

When I first encountered the issue I bit the bullet and just reset my phone to factory default. That worked for about 2 days. And now it's back to crashing my entire phone while playing over Bluetooth (my car radio specifically).

Please remind me why I pay $10 for a service that isnt fully compatible with "recent" phones.

I work in Software Quality Assurance so if anyone like to compare notes, and get to a root cause of this issue since the "professionals" are lacking here please let me know.

When you say "I have 128 GB SD card installed that I have formatted as primary phone storage" do you mean you have formatted the SD card as internal and not portable storage? If so, you might want to read this post on the subject.

Same here except I have Droid Turbo XT154

Any chance your phone is charging when it does it?

Any chance your phone is charging when it does it?

Nope. Discharging. And the BT speaker os a 808 hex TL speaker.

Nope. Discharging. And the BT speaker os a 808 hex TL speaker.

Suggested posts