Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify will not switch off with chromecast audio its weird even if i switch my phone off it is stil

Spotify will not switch off with chromecast audio its weird even if i switch my phone off it is stil

this is definately not a wind up last week i connected to my hifi using Chromecast audio and an lg g5 and i could not switch it off jumped in the car and drove into town 6 miles away my mrs said the music continued playing for an hour. Obviously i had my doubts. Today it would not switch off again, so i powered the lg g5 off completely and the music was still playing, its still playing now after 45 minutes with no phone switched on it only went off when the album finished whats going on, again this is not a wind up has this happened to any one else

2 Replies

The chromeast streams direct from Spotify's servers one you start it playing so switching off your mobile makes no difference. In fact one of the best eatures of spotify connect is exactly this.

To stop chromecast playing music, you need to either stop/pause in the spotify app on your mobile or stop the chromecast playing from the Home app.

I can;t see this as a good feature if it's not intuitive. Stop Spotify on device should stop Spotify on Connect as well. Is this a Spotify or Chromecast issue?

Suggested posts