Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20 and Google Nest Speaker

Operating System

Android 12 and One UI 4

My Question or Issue

I select my Google Nest Speaker in the connected devices. The Nest Speaker plays the "connected" chime sound however Spotify sits at "Connecting..." and the music doesn't play on the speaker.

This happens a few times per week. I have tried force closing the app, clearing cache, disconnecting from WiFi and reconnecting, and clean reinstall but it keeps happening.

Does anyone know of a permanent fix?

46 Replies

Just a follow up here. I have had zero issues since I got Android 13 (Google Pixel 4a) about a month ago. 

Hi,

I'm also having this issue. 

I have 3 speakers but Spotify does not connect even though the chime sounds. So annoying! 

I've done the above steps and I'm running the latest Spotify and Android. 

Phil

My phone is the Pixel 6

Hello,

I am also recently experiencing this issue with my Samsung S22 Ultra. Every is updated on the phone, I have tried several of the troubleshooting steps but this issue keeps happening. I also believe this is an issue with the Spotify app itself.

It's very annoying. Does anyone from the Spotify team know anything about
this?

Hello Spotify Admin.  I have tried every solution in this thread, But the issue still exists.  Spotify is unable to connect to my nest audio.  It just says connecting but does not connect. 

Summary

This issue started about a week ago. Everything was fine for atleast a year before that.

Issue exists regardless of device. Galaxy s21 and iPhone 13.

Factory reset the nest audio, clean installed Spotify, rebooted the router, set router dns to 8.8.8.8.....issue still exists. 

I am able to successfully stream to nest audio from other apps such as tune in.

Can somebody please help??

Hey everyone,

We'd like to forward this issue to the relevant team for further investigation and for this we'll need the following information:

• The exact model and OS version of your Google device and the device you're having issues connecting from.
  • Your exact Spotify version.
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

Please send this over (if you haven't already) as this will speed up the overall process.

Thanks!

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i have been experiencing this as well from two different samsung phones, one is a s20 fe 5g android 12 and other is s22 ultra android 13. as i type this i have been trying to get it connected to my google hub mini for 20min for my daughters night time music.

Hey folks, 

If anyone is still experiencing this issue, make sure to provide all of the info that @MihailY requested above. This way we can forward it to the relevant teams for further investigation. 

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland 

Devices

Samsung A52/A53, Google Pixel 7

Operating System

Android 13

My Problem:

Spotify connect (playing over Wifi) does not work on some Android phones (see above) while on others it works (Motorola and Oppo for example). My wireless speakers are visible in the Spotify app and when selected the connection appears to be attempting but playback remains via the phone. The issue exists for both Sonos speaker systems and Harmon Kardon speakers that were set up via Google Home. I have tried the suggested reinstall of the Spotify App after cache and data cleaning.

Bluetooth speaker connections work fine. 

Annoyingly, the Spotify interface within the Sonos app does allow playback of Spotify but it's interface and search function is so shoddy as to he almost useless. 

Thanks for any help. Please do not suggest the typical fixes that are listed in the Android help section: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/COMPLETE-GUIDE-How-to-fix-most-Android-issues/td-p/914257  .... They so not fix my Problem. 

Pixel 6 Pro

Android 13

Google home speaker 

Reinstalled Spotify, power cycled phone, power cycled speaker 

Hey @Jcurry82,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you share the exact model of the Google Home speaker and its firmware version? We need the Spotify version of the app you're using to connect to the speaker from as well.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Attached the version details

Screenshot_20230101-114829.png
Screenshot_20230101-115024.png

Please note that the Spotify Connect problem is not simply a Google device issue.  I first experienced it with my SYMFONISK (SONOS) speakers and then later on a HK Citation 200 speaker. Also, it is not specific to a particular set of speakers: my SONOS and HK systems both connect to Spotify from an iPhone, Oppo A16 and Moto G7 Play.  However, Neither speaker connects with a Pixel 7, Samsung A52, or Samsung A53, Galaxy Tab S7 FE (all running Android 13). .. and by "connect" I mean play music over the speaker... as others have noted, I do get a chime sound on the HK speakers when I try to connect but the sound remains on the phone/tablet.

It also is not likely to be a conflict with other apps: I just did a factory reset of my Pixel 7, setup it up with a new Google account and installed only Spotify (8.7.92.521)... still not working.

The Oppo device listed above is running Android 12 and the Moto G7 was probably version 11. I have tried several iOS devices and they all connect.

I'll add that my issue is intermittent. Some days I can power cycle everything, reinstall Spotify and Google home and it still won't work but other days like today, it works exactly as expected. I would say I have an issue >1 per week.

Ugh it's happening again and I realized something else that could be related: if I am trying to listen to curated playlist "Chill Mix" and attempt to cast to my home mini and it fails, I force quite Spotify. Then, if I tell the mini "hey Google, play Spotify playlist Chill Mix" it will start to play. But I then open Spotify and the UI shows that chill mix is playing but it is definitely playing a different day's version of the playlist. Perhaps the curated playlist is trying to play a cached version when initiated from the UI and there is some sort of error that causes it to crash?

Hey folks, 

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? If so, make sure to let us know and send the following info up to date so that the relevant teams can continue to look into this:

• The exact model and OS version of your Google device and the device you're having issues connecting from.
  • Your exact Spotify version.
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hey,

This is still an issue, i have the exact same problem. 

Hi there @RS84,

Can you provide us with the device info that @Novy has requested 🙂

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I am having the exact same issue and it's driving me mad! Pixel 6 Pro trying to cast to Spotify to my Google home and chimes, but times out. Also tried casting via my MacBook Pro, same result.  I can cast YouTube and everything else, just not Spotify. I've wiped everything, uninstalled and reinstalled and there's no difference at all.

This has been an ongoing issue for a very long time now, I just didn't appreciate that it was an issue suffered by so many others!

Suggested posts