Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't let me change mobile settings.

Solved!

Spotify won't let me change mobile settings.

Hi,

Been having this issue with trying to enable Spotify to download songs with mobile connection and not just wifi. The problem is that, that specific settings is grayed out, a long with loads of other settings on my phone. This is really frustrating because of songs I want enabled offline. I always need this option from time to time, like before flights (I fly a lot), and other situations.

Yes, I have tried restarting the app.
Yes, I have tried reinstalling the app.

Any ideas?

Added attachments of grayed out settings.

Screenshot_20170221-143457.png
Screenshot_20170221-143508.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

While your phone is connected to another device (wafflesaurusrex in the screen capture) all the options which aren't relevant to playing through connect will be greyed out. Switch play back to your mobile and all options will be available again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hello, 

I had this happen to me once on my iPhone, and know how frustrating it can be. 

I don't know exactly what it was that fixed it, but here's what I did...

I uninstalled the app

Reset my phone (not to the factory settings)

Made sure I had enough memory on my phone for the playlist i wanted to download

Went to my account online, and removed any devices that I no longer needed

Logged out of the online account

Reinstalled the Spotify app, and logged in normally

I hope this helps!!

PS: it could also just be that it needs to download via Wifi.

Thanks for the input.

I'm really not interesting in resetting the phone as I just got a new one, and went through 5 hours of OS updates. Not going through that again. Looking for other options in the meantime.

Upon checking community posts, I stumbled upon someone with your issue, and possibly a solution...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Settings-are-greyed-out/m-p/1578347/highlight/true#M75499

Marked as solution

While your phone is connected to another device (wafflesaurusrex in the screen capture) all the options which aren't relevant to playing through connect will be greyed out. Switch play back to your mobile and all options will be available again.

Suggested posts