Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starting a radio should keep playing the song you started it from

Solved!

Starting a radio should keep playing the song you started it from

Hi there,

I love having Spotify available in my car via Android Auto! It's quite useful and I love searching for songs using voice commands.

However, one thing really annoys me -- if I'm listening to a song and I want to start a radio from it, clicking the radio button (which is really hidden behind the three dots button) will STOP the current song and start playing it again from the start!

Please change the radio feature -- particularly in Android Auto or Car Play -- so that when I hit the "radio" button it KEEPS playing the current song and just enqueues the REST of the songs after this one. Of course it shouldn't play the same song again! 

I'd also love to be able to use a voice command for "start spotify radio" or "spotify radio this" or something like that.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@TheShade hey there, that's a really good suggestion,

you can submit your ideas here

you can also check out other live ideas and add your vote!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@TheShade I submitted your ideas here and here!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

@TheShade hey there, that's a really good suggestion,

you can submit your ideas here

you can also check out other live ideas and add your vote!

Thanks @crematedman -- I went there but it doesn't seem to let me post new ideas. The button is pale green and doesn't do anything when I click it.

Any hints?

@TheShade That's weird - if you want to draft an idea here, I can post it for you?

Well, that's what I thought my original post was. 🙂 I was going to just copy/paste it into the new idea. Could you please do that for me, then?

Thanks in advance! (I'd REALLY like that feature!)

-P

Marked as solution

@TheShade I submitted your ideas here and here!

Suggested posts