NEXT STEP

Still haven't received the new "now playing mini player"

Still haven't received the new "now playing mini player"

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

Google Pixel 6 Pro (same issue on my secondary iphone 12)

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Hi, I still haven't received the new now playing ( https://spotify.design/article/small-but-mighty-weve-rolled-out-changes-to-the-now-playing-bar )

Everyone I know has received it and it was announced as seen above. What is going on?

Screenshot_20211215-180920.png
3 Replies

Hey there @LeeroyJenkins

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your phone to check if the issue persists with a different account?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @eni,

I tried a clean reinstall, i also tried installing Spotify on my work provided iPhone 12 and my wife's OnePlus Nord and the issue remains.
In addition my wife logged onto her account on my phone and had the updated app. I also created a new throwaway account and logged onto it on my device and also had the new Design update. As soon as I log back into my account, I'm back to the old app.

There seems to be an issue with my account specifically. I was in the invite only closed Android Spotify Beta a couple of years ago. Maybe there is still some sort of backend flag ? The closed beta is long closed.

Hi there @LeeroyJenkins

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know that. 

This seems to be account related indeed. In this case, we suggest that you reach out directly to our Support team through any of these channels so they can take a closer look at your account and give you more info about this. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts