Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app not working

Spotify app not working

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Operating System

Android 7.0 NRD90M

My Question or Issue

Hi, since last week or so Spotify App on my smarthpone doesn't work at all. I've been able to use it previously with no problem, now it won't open and crashes immediately or freezes my phone. I've reinstalled the app several times, restarted the phone, cleared cache, everything. I haven't been able to log in the app for an hour or so, logging through Facebook gave me 'Oops! try again later' or something like that, normal sign in just kept saying 'Logging in...' with no effect. Finally, I've been able to log in but please see attached what the app looks like.

No matter what I click there, nothing happens, can't open any album, song, wrapped, anything, the circle just keeps loading until it finally crashes.

I have no problem with the app and web player on both of my laptops, and I've never had anything like that on the same phone since 2019, it's the first time it's happened. Could you please help me? I have no idea what to do at this point.

263190417_456431769406052_4032380963558435456_n.jpg
262517516_4622954504464404_1469974811651527255_n.jpg
262436680_582515572835639_512138275692138426_n.jpg
9 Replies

Hey @topplebgags,

thanks for writing, we'll do our best to help! You've mentioned you reinstalled the app several times, but we want to check if you've done a clean reinstall as mentioned here. On Android, when uninstalling an app, often residual data remains that could be corrupted, causing issues. So try following the steps in the FAQ, making sure to clear the storage before the uninstall and checking for residual files before ultimately reinstalling.

We also see that you're running a device with a slightly older Android version. Keep in mind that the app is optimized for newer versions, so with device age, performance degradation can occur. We'll still try and see if there's anything else we can suggest to help though!

Keep us posted.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Mihail, I have cleared all data in the storage and cache, I don't have anything else Spotify related on my phone, no idea what else to do at this point. I can browse through the app but no music plays, nothing really loads, and when I click on Settings, the app freezes until it finally crashes a minute or two later. Never had such problems on the same device until a week ago, this is super disheartening 😞

Hey @topplebgags,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Can you try logging in to a different account on your phone, like a friend's or relative's, to see if this behavior persists?

Additionally, make sure that there aren't any optimization or battery saving options enabled for Spotify in your phone's settings.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

hi @CarlosE,

Since my phone was dying anyway, I decided to buy a new one - Samsung Galaxy M12 with Android 11, and now Spotify opens and seems to be working, BUT if I try to watch my Wrapped, it says 'Something went wrong. Try again later.'

Am I never going to be able to watch it at this point? 😞

Hi @topplebgags,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We're glad to know that the app is working fine in the new phone. Regarding your Wrapped, could you try logging in to a different mobile device to see if it plays fine? This would help us understand if this is a rather account-related issue.

It's also worth trying with a different Internet connection, like another WiFi network or mobile data.

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

I'm having the same problem as he had previously, have you had any progress?

Hey @CaioCortada,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

The issue @topplebgags had was related to the device itself. Can you let us know the make, model and OS version of your device?

Also, let us know all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far so we don't repeat ourselves and know where to start.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Hey @CarlosE,

Seems like this time the problem was with the preinstalled Spotify app on Samsung, so for future reference (if anyone else has similar issues to mine) uninstalling the Samsung version of Spotify, then downloading and installing the appstore one seemed to solve it for me - I can see my wrapped, using spotify from my new phone works just fine 🙂

Happy holidays and thank you for your helping hand!

How great to hear that you were to solve this @topplebgags!

Enjoy your Wrapped and happy holidays to you too!

Let us know if we can help out with https://open.spotify.com/track/1QRRFxwnpE5p9ALqBrqXDP?si=bd043939bcad44fe 

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts