Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Still not being able to share via insta stories.

Still not being able to share via insta stories.

Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

Device

Lenovo Moto Z

Operating System

Android Oreo 8.0.0

My Question or Issue

I've never been able to share songs via Insta Stories. I had patience, there were many more people being unable to do it. I got it then, it comes in waves, depending on countries or OS. After today update(the one fixing the whole share feature), all of my friends got it. Different phones(newer or older), same OS, same country. Both apps are updated, uninstalled and then re-installed.I also have both my facebook and instagram connected(i can share direct). Please let me know if there's a problem that needs to be solved or i just need to have even more patience. Thanks, have a nice day!

07e456b9-0e26-4ad7-8861-1b9ce9dc8f98 (1).jpg
8 Replies

Hey @alexrsc, welcome to the community. 

Hope you’re doing great!

Spotify is currently looking into this issue, and hopefully it gets fixed soon. You can keep track of updates in the Ongoing issues board here

Happy listening 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I don't have any problems if i try to share via something else. The update fixed the crash when trying to share. My issue is having no insta story share feature yet. But thanks! Have a nice day!

@alexrsc,

Sorry if I misread your question.

In this case, I’d recommend reinstalling the app following these steps. Also, please check if your Instagram is up to date too.

If you're getting any error messages, please do send a screenshot so I can take a look 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks for your reply! Done everything you said, uninstalled the app following the steps and rechecked for update on Instagram but it's up-to-date already. Sadly, the feature is still unavailable.

I have the same trouble

@Luchtemberg@alexrsc,

Thanks for the replies 🙂

Spotify is always testing and making changes to the Spotify app to ensure so you have a great experience. Theres some more info in this support article.

Have a nice day!

Billy-JSpotify Star

What a load of bullnosenseit... I'm also unable to reach such feature. I'm on a Android 8.0.0 Moto Z2 Play with every software updated... Stop fooling ourselves and just say: "we don't care, may be one day we will look at this. Probably when someone important asks us."

Best regards!

Hi. Yesterday i found something, it might be Instagram's fault. For some reason on my insta account i don't have new features like pool, question, level, etc. I made a new account, and i have all of them. Didnt have much time today, couldn't connect the new Instagram acc with my spotify so i can check if there's the share feature, but as soon as i'll check i'll let you know. Also, it would really help if you'd check for those missing features on instagram. If its the same for you, then we should adress to Instragam.

Suggested posts