Stop automatic car play

Highlighted

Re: Stop automatic car play

Visitor

SAME PROBLEM.  CONSTANTLY INSTALLING AND UNINSTALLING.  FIX THIS SPOTIFY AND CREDIT MY ACCOUNT FOR THE CRAPPY SERVICE.

Highlighted

Visitor

Same issue here. Connected to my new van via bluetooth. Spotify starts everytime I key the ignition. Very annoying for a multi drop delivery driver turning the engine on 100 times a day. Very annoying. 

Highlighted

Visitor

This problem is so annoying.  I'll be listening to a podcast on my computer or ear buds, separate from my car. Then I'll get in my car, with the stereo on the radio, not Bluetooth.  I'll then want to finish listening to my podcast later and its already over and I can't find where I left off. It auto plays even if I don't switch over to Bluetooth in my car. In short, it  auto plays spotify on my car's Bluetooth when I'm not even using it, so I miss entire podcasts. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm having the same problem. I've spent hours trying to figure this out with no luck. I've tried everything suggested and probably went through every setting menu on my Galaxy S7.  I think I'm giving up and just moving on to another service.

Let's talk about alternatives. Any experience with Pandora, Deezer, Google Music, Etc?

Highlighted

Regular

I have the same issue and is annoying as **bleep**!!!!!!!!! GPM has a disable feature why not Spotify? evenmore since this issue is for years already

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Could this be a setting in Android Auto? There is a setting, "Automatically resume media when you start driving". I think that starts the last media player you were using.
There is also a setting called AutoLaunch, that starts "Android Auto" when you connect to the Bluetooth device selected.
Highlighted

Regular

I do not use at all android auto so I do not see how this can be related.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
I understand that. The only time I use Spotify on my phone is when I get in my car. I turned the auto-launch function off, as I wanted it to wait until I plugged in the USB cable that connects it to my car's media center.
But when I connect the USB cable, I get Android Auto connected shown on my phone, and my car will switch from the radio playing to Spotify playing, and it continues the same song that was playing when I got out of the car. That all happens before I tap Android Auto on the car's media center.
That sounded like what the OP was having So I did a quick reply to them. I am sorry if it does not fix your problem.
Highlighted

Regular
No worries, we are talking about the bluetooth connection here, music automatically starting when the phone connects to the car via bluetooth, Spotify knows but they don't care.
Highlighted

Visitor
This post is over a year old and not fixed? I have turned off all settings to Auto play spotify when connected to my cars Bluetooth, but, spotify continues to play every time it connects. This is highly annoying. Especially considering I cant turn the damn app off easily! I have to pause the music to listen to something else.
SUGGESTED POSTS