Re: Stop automatic car play

Regular
Yes, it's over a year and Spotify doesn't care. I moved to them because
YouTube is killing play music for YouTube music but **bleep** it, I will move
back if I have to.
Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out here. We appreciate the feedback and have passed it on to our developers.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide a solution for this at the moment because the way the app behaves when connected to Bluetooth devices, including car stereo systems, varies based on the device involved. However, we’re constantly optimizing our app, so this behavior might change in future updates.

For now, we'd recommend that you reach out to your car stereo device manufacturer customer support team to get help with the Bluetooth configurations.

You can also check out different ways to connect Spotify to your car stereo for listening here.

We hope you'll find this clarification useful and we’ll be here for you if there's anything else you'd like to ask.

Thank you for understanding and drive safely!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Is this answer a joke!? Every person with this problem (which is many, many people) needs to reach out to their car stereo manufacture to solve a Spotify issue? It's must easier to just cancel the subscription and go to another provider. 

Highlighted

Regular
Well of course is a joke for them.
What is even worse, for example if the music was not playing in the car, if
you receive a phone call after you end it the music starts playing on it's
own just like that. I will go back to google, I really wanted to give my
money to another company but it seems that our overlord is much better.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

HOW LONG UNTIL SPOTIFY HAS A SOLUTION??? IF YOU DON'T VALUE MY MONEY I'M HAPPY TO GO SPEND IT ON ANOTHER MUSIC SERVICE.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I'm not having this problem with my other apps that play music.   Only Spotify.  So it can't be a car stereo problem.  It is a Spotify problem. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener
  • If the problem is my car stereo then please explain to me why my other music apps don't have this same problem.  For example YouTube does not automatically play in my car if the app is closed, only if it is open.  Spotify is doing something that forces the latest song to stay forced in the queue even when the app is supposed to be closed.  It even forces itself to the top of the queue even if I was listening to YouTube last when I start up my car Spotify starts playing even though I have youtube open and Spotify was closed.  The only way I can stop this is to uninstall Spotify. 
Highlighted

Regular
it is a spotify issue and they send you to the car manufacturer ... what a
bad joke
Highlighted

Regular
they don't care or bother!!!! they blame 3rd party.
Highlighted

Regular

I canceled today premium. Bye Spotify

SUGGESTED POSTS