Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop downloading to phone

Stop downloading to phone

I have a phone without external memory card, but I have a good data plan. So I do not want to download music to the phone.

However, it insists on downloading and will eventually fill up the phone's internal memory.

In my account, I have removed the phone from synchronized devices (from the PC). On the phone itself, I have ticked off line music to "off"

I made a reset on the phone to delete all saved data and and logged in from fresh. It immediately starts to download 854 songs again.

How do I prevent it from downloading?

4 Replies

Sounds like you have playlists set as 'Available Offline'.

When you open the app, in the Playlists section do you have a load (or maybe even one) playlist at the top under the section 'Downloaded'?

If so, open this playlist up and you'll see a button under Shuffle Play called 'Available Offline'. I have a feeling this is set to 'On'... You need to switch this to 'Off''.

Do this to all your playlists, then clear cache and you should be all good.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

But is there any preference to change that between devices? I have a phone with 32 gigabytes of storage, & a tablet with 16, and I would prefer to not have the tablet download all of the playlists I have on my phone.

I have an android tablet and phone and only download playlists on the phone without any problem. Don't use the desktop client to synch playlists but use the "available offline" toggle on the device instead.

Open the desktop client and, for each device, make sure that you have selected "Manually choose playlists to synch" and have not selected any of the check boxes in the panel below. 

Ahh very cool, didn't know about that feature. Thank you!

Suggested posts